Austin Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Need local roofer recs

We need to have a roofer come out and look over our roof before the insurance guy comes on Friday. The one roofer rec I had can't get to our house before then so I need some more recs.  We live in NW Austin, but I'm sure they travel all over the city for business.  Thanks.

Re: Need local roofer recs

• I'm hesitant to recommend my friend's company because I've never seen their work and I think it's a fairly new company. However, they're currently doing a bunch of jobs around Austin so you're welcome to give them a call. My friend's name is Andy and his number is (214) 597-2209.

Also, the company Web site (which is under construction) is http://www.mckinneyroofing.net/. Good luck!

• Barker roofing maybe?

image  image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When I got a new roof due to damage from the last hail storm, the insurance company recommended Lone Star Roofing.  I'd seen their work on a couple of other houses in the neighborhood (in RR), too.  They did a great job, but they had to schedule the job two weeks out from the time they initially looked at the roof.  I don't know if you're in a hurry to get the new roof on--they may be even busier now.

• image Mrs.Purdue:

Barker roofing maybe?

That's who we used  when we got a new roof due to hail. They did a great job and were recommended to us by our friend's dad who works in the roofing industry.  It's probably pretty standard but they said upfront they'd do the work for the ins co's quote

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Monte has worked with lots and lots of roofers and he has one who he recommends over everyone else. He says Ed's roofs are the only ones he has never once had leak. He hired him to do the roof on our house, which I think says a lot since he had plenty of contacts to choose from. I will admit there is a bonus in it for us. Ed hires Monte to do his haul offs for him, so Monte gets paid to bring his trailer and park it to collect all the trash and haul it to the dump. But that has nothing to do with his recommendation of Ed, just a lucky bonus. :)

Ed Loera, E&L Roofing

680-1885

He will come out and do a free quote. If you call him, tell him you know us because there is a possibility you could get a better deal, not sure!

Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• A buddy of mine owns a roofing company and they replaced my roof last year after a hail storm, did a great job too!

Doug Traylor, Remedy Roofing 713.373.1502