Baltimore Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Since I am talking costs...milk costs....

Have you noticed the significant price drop in milk??  Last year it was close to $5 per gallon.  I paid $2.15 for a gallon of skim at Costco on Sunday.

Re: Since I am talking costs...milk costs....

• I haven't noticed a drop. I paid almost $4 for a half gallon of organic skim this weekend.
  • Embarrassed I never pay attention. Bad Mary.
  • The last time I looked it was around $3.00, but I haven't been grocery shopping in about a month. I've been letting DH do the shopping.
    image, image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Yep, I've seen a significant drop in milk prices as well.  When truckers have to pay less to transport food due to gas prices, food prices drop as well.

• katgkatg member
    Costco always cheap for skim milk.  Even when it was $4 here, Costco was still $2 and some change, it has gone down a little.  Every little bit helps. The supermarkets are still expensive.  However, have you noticed how much some of the packaged goods at Costco have risen?  It seems all the snacks that I buy my kids have risen 50 cents to $1, not a lot, but some.  Also, the sliced chees went up.  I used to by the Kraft singles because it was cheaper by the pount at Costco.  I ended up buying the Kirkland brand because now it is cheaper by over 50 cents a pound.
  • My local Giant has signs up on the milk cases saying something about a temporary drop in prices - gallons are $2.99, I believe.
  • image katg:
    Costco always cheap for skim milk.  Even when it was $4 here, Costco was still $2 and some change, it has gone down a little.  Every little bit helps. The supermarkets are still expensive.  However, have you noticed how much some of the packaged goods at Costco have risen?  It seems all the snacks that I buy my kids have risen 50 cents to $1, not a lot, but some.  Also, the sliced chees went up.  I used to by the Kraft singles because it was cheaper by the pount at Costco.  I ended up buying the Kirkland brand because now it is cheaper by over 50 cents a pound.

cheese slices went up several dollars, i did notice that.  hot dogs went up too.  butter has been fluctuating since christmas, eggs vary by one dollar on a monthly basis.

i try to stock up on things when they have their monthly coupons.

milk used to be in the high twos to mid threes at costco last year.  i paid more than $5 at walmart once.