Columbus Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

scratch n dent "lowe's" type stores in town?

We're looking for someplace where we can buy discounted tile, linoleum, odds n ends household stuff for renovation.

Where I'm from they have stores that get closeouts from Lowe's, Home Depot, etc...do they have those around here?

They didn't have you where I come from...never knew the best was yet to come...

Re: scratch n dent "lowe's" type stores in town?

• Not sure where they get their stuff, but Bargain Outlet on Wilson Rd (just north of Broad) has some fantastic deals.  I think that's where we'll go to get our tile when we do our bathroom floor.
  • Oh, I know exactly where that is! I used to drive past it and wonder what kind of stuff they sold...

Thanks!

Keep em coming, guys!
  • There is also a Bargain Outlet on the east side on Brice across from Odd Lots and National City Bank.

It is a great store!

• Don't you live near 161 and Karl?  There's one at 161 and Cleveland.

You can also try the Habitat for Humanity store on Westerville Rd, south of Morse.  They have a lot of extras from work sites and such.

• Awesome, guys! Thanks so much!

Pink, I do live near there...161 and 71, actually...

I'm hoping to convince Jason that we "need" some work done on the house, LOL He doesn't want to put ANY more money into it, since the area is declining, and we''ll be lucky to make any money off of it when we sell in about 2 or so years, but I just can't live with the pink flowered linoleum in the big bathroom, and the birdhouse wallpaper in the half bath! LOL
  • If you're looking for appliances, I can't recommend the sears outlet enough. We bought our 2000 fridge for 650, our stove for 450, and dishwasher for 300. all are stainless steel, brand new top of the line Kenmore appliances. They also come with a warranty. It's at the northern lights shopping center at Innis and Cleveland Aves.
  • There's also some sort of Bargain outlety type place at 161 and Cleveland Ave next to harbor freight.