West Coast Florida Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

recommend your bank

DH and I are looking for a new bank, we aren't happy at suntrust and bank of america is not good either. we are toying with bank atlantic and washington mutual right now. leaning towards washington mutual do to so many locations across the states.
thoughts/expirences, recommendations appreciated

Re: recommend your bank

• I know you said you weren't interested in Bank of America, but that is who we use and we love them.  I have had nothing but problems with Washington Mutual in the past.  I had my account with them when I was in college and I just so happen to notice one day that there was an extra account attached to mine...they had put someone elses mortgage on my account.  I had to go through a bunch of crap to get it off.  We then opened a checking account with them for our engagement money last year and FI has gone through hell with them and had to request that they close the account THREE times so far.  We are still waiting to see if they have closed it or if we will received another statement this month saying we owe them a fee b/c there is no money in the account.  Of course there is no money in the account...we have asked you to close it three times!!
    I also used Bank Atlantic back in college but at that time they did not report so it showed on my credit that I had no checking accounts (or something along those lines) so it was hurting me when people would do credit checks, etc. b/c it was showing no income.  I believe DH's mom uses them now and I think she is happy with them.  Not positive though.
  • Have you looked into credit unions? I belong to GTE and Suncoast, and after working at GTE I will never have an account at a bank again.
  • I would ditto a credit union if you can join one.  I've been with USF credit union and they are amazing.  My job messed up my paycheck once, so they gave me an emergency loan in the amount of my paycheck and did not charge me for my car loan that month.  They were also great when I was purchasing my first car a few years ago - finding one for me, pre-approving, etc.

I've similar experiemces with other credit unions in the past.

Good luck!