Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Who knows about tiling and/or cabinet refinishing?

2»

Re: Who knows about tiling and/or cabinet refinishing?

• Congrats on the house!  We painted kitchen cabinets and it's not too different.  I know jjenkins on Central PA board stained her bathroom cabinets and painted her kitchen ones too.  Good luck!
    My sweet boy
    imageimage
  • image rockstarpup:

and what are you supposed to put on the top of the cabinets?  Do you just leave that empty, or do you stick decorative dishes up there?  Plants?  Pictures?

Cats.  It's an excellent place for them to supervise while you cook.  ;)

Ours are open up top also.  We have some cool whiskey bottles and boxes up there.  And a couple of decanters.  And a cat bed.  Those were all I could come up with a few days after we moved in and haven't bothered to change it yet. 

My mom has fake plants with fairy lights.  Not that you can ever turn on the fairy lights.  IMO if they're going to leave them open they should have outlets or something up there that are on a switch so you can add some lighting or something up there at the very least.