Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Gourmet/ Fancy BBQ - Bridal Shower

I'm in the beginning phases of planning my sister's shower for late summer. It's going to be at  my parent's house (indoors if it's really hot/rainy; outdoors/indoors if it's nice out). I want to do a gourmet BBQ theme - grilled shrimp, chicken kebabs, grilled pineapple, etc.

Any other ideas for food? I'll probably do a few salads - pasta, potato, etc., but looking for some other sides.... TIA

Re: Gourmet/ Fancy BBQ - Bridal Shower

• What about grilled or roasted vegetables? Or vegetable kebabs?

• -Orzo pasta salad with sliced herry tomates, fresh mozzarella, basil, some italian dressing

-Grilled stone fruits with a balsamic reduction sauce or mascarpone

-Roasted corn salad with herb feta and olive oil

-Summer pudding with fresh vanilla whip cream

I CANNOT wait until summer!

• watermelon boat (fruit salad in hollowed watermelon - you can have their names or wedding date cut out of it... check local delis for who might be able to help)

light lemon tarts or something similar for desserts...

I don't know who lurks everywhere, but the women on what's cooking have been amazing at helping me plan menus
  • a nice assortment of salads to go with your seafood & meats.  like red skin & dill potato salad, orzo salad served in tomato cups, corn salad, bean salad, tomato & mozzarella salad (or you could do that on mini skewers) and a fresh fruit display or platter