Fashion & Beauty
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

what goes with navy blue pants?

Ok, I work for a classy resort and I need outfit ideas. I have a pair of navy blue slacks with a fine pin-stripe. Other than the obviously white shirt, what other colors (other than red or black because I don't like those combos) would go well with these? And most importantly, WHAT SHOES? I can wear low heels (2.5" or less). I need help!!

Re: what goes with navy blue pants?

• light blue, light grey, light pink.

Shoes: Depending on what you do at the resort. I think at resort flats looks best.

Or something like : image

• Yellow, kelly green, bright pink.?
  • My winter coat is navy, and I wear it with everything.  I consider it a neutral.

That said, I love navy with brighter colors, like yellow, bright pink, and kelly green.

ETA:  I just noticed I gave you the exact same colors as pp.  Great minds think alike.

• clinton and kelly say it's a neutral, so i think anything goes.
  • Given your location and the fact that you work at a resort, I would go with brighter colors. yellow, pink, kelly green, think Lily Pulitzer

• image Viva La Vegas:
    clinton and kelly say it's a neutral, so i think anything goes.

OMG I LOVE "What Not to Wear"!!! And ok I thought I was pretty into colors, but wth is Kelly Green? Like a light sage? And as far as my job, I'm the head concierge. So I walk/stand alot. Chunky heels are most comfortable (other than flats). But ok, if I wear a green or pink top, what color shoes?? I don't want to buy navy shoes but I hate the thought of brown with blue and green (especially a light green). Sorry I'm picky. But so far, I can't say I disagree. I like the gold shoe idea. Not too much for a summer job??

• image Viva La Vegas:
    clinton and kelly say it's a neutral, so i think anything goes.

OMG I LOVE "What Not to Wear"!!! And ok I thought I was pretty into colors, but wth is Kelly Green? Like a light sage? And as far as my job, I'm the head concierge. So I walk/stand alot. Chunky heels are most comfortable (other than flats). But ok, if I wear a green or pink top, what color shoes?? I don't want to buy navy shoes but I hate the thought of brown with blue and green (especially a light green). Sorry I'm picky. But so far, I can't say I disagree. I like the gold shoe idea. Not too much for a summer job??

• This link shows a kelly green swatch. I've never used that site before, so clicker beware. LOL.

Since you said either flats or chunky heels and not brown or navy, what about a metalic flat?
  • deep red shoes for sure.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • image xoxoxox:
    deep red shoes for sure.

I've been looking for some really cute deep red flats...any suggestions? (new job, therefore no paycheck yet). But if I wear a red top, will i look like an American flag??