Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Disco theme centerpieces?

I am putting together a rather large event (200+) with a disco/70's theme.  Does anyone have any ideas for centerpieces that would be relatively cheap to put together?  We will probably have 20-25 tables.

Thanks!

Re: Disco theme centerpieces?

• What if you get two inexpensive glass vases, one large one and one small one.  Make the sure the smaller one is small enough to fit inside the larger one.

Then inbetween the two vases fill them with silver faceted/disco ball mardi gras beads, something like these:

http://www.mardigrasoutlet.com/catalog/86.html

Then in the small vase, put a white pillar candle and light it for ambiance. The Christmas tree shops make pretty inexpensive pillars.

• Lava lamps would be great.  Check oriental trading company.  They should have a lot of 70's stuff. 
  • Thanks ladies!  We talked about lava lamps, but there aren't that many that are battery operated.  I thought of trying to do "disco" balls out of styrofoam and multicolor glitter, but I don't think that would look good.  I'm getting little disco ball necklaces for everyone though.
  • Oooh, sounds fun! Here's a link to some mini disco balls: http://www.goneblue.com/midiba2in.html

Pretty cheap so you could throw quite a few in a bowl. Then maybe have a lot of candles around it so that they shine and reflect the light. If they are too small, or you'd need to buy too many to fill up the bowl/vase, you could get some other colored balls (like Xmas ornaments) that are bright colors or silver as well to bulk it up.