What's Cooking?

how long will buttercream frosting last in the fridge?

I like eating the leftovers Embarrassed but I'm not sure how long it's good for.

Re: how long will buttercream frosting last in the fridge?

• There is so much sugar I normally say up to two weeks if American butter cream or 1 week if swiss meringue butter cream.
  • As long as it's not a meringue buttercream, it will last quite a while.  I think I've had some in the fridge for three weeks and it's still going strong.  It's just butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla...nothing that goes bad quickly.
  • I agree with PP the only thing is it might get a bit of a hard crust. If it does just scrap that off and mix it around and you should be good

• P.S. I loved the ashamed face!! But there is no shame in that!! Lol

• image jdsegarr:
    P.S. I loved the ashamed face!! But there is no shame in that!! Lol

ok, here's the real truth -- it's not leftovers. I had my husband make up a batch for me to just eat straight. (He does all the cooking and baking) I love frosting. Now *that* is a little more embarrassing.

• Haha a little more yes, but considering I have made cookie dough just to eat cookie dough....I say theres no shame :o)

• image jdsegarr:
    Haha a little more yes, but considering I have made cookie dough just to eat cookie dough....I say theres no shame :o)

I have done both of these things!  I have no shame :)

photo photo RainbowHeart_zpsd6c5d296.jpg
    Married 05.24.08
    Missed m/c discovered 07.25.12 at 8w5d- Always loving our Peanut
    BFP #2 EDD 06.08.13
    "For this child we prayed..." (1 Samuel 27)
    So excited to meet Amelia Catherine!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • image sctiger52408:

image jdsegarr:
    Haha a little more yes, but considering I have made cookie dough just to eat cookie dough....I say theres no shame :o)

I have done both of these things!  I have no shame :)

That sounds good too! hmmm, if I actually cooked I might fit right in on this board.

• Maybe you could give cooking a try! You might actually really enjoy it!!

• Good question!  I was wondering the same thing!  I have some in my fridge from my V-day cookies.  I dip into it with a spoon every few days.  Just a spoon full is all I need!  I was thinking I need to make some cupcakes to use up that pink frosting!