Relationships

Moving In Together Gift

I have a good friend that is moving in with her boyfriend next month.  I want to put together a "Moving in Together" Survival Kit.  Can any of you offer any suggestions of what I could put in it.  What's something that you wish you had or would have known before moving in with your significant other.  I want it to be funny, but practical.

Thanks for your help!

Re: Moving In Together Gift

• wine/beer.  and a chore chart!
  • That's so sweet of you!! You should get one of those inflatable hammers that they sell at Border's (bookstore). For when BF annoys GF, she can bop him gently over the head. Also a little collection of easy to make recipes (I don't know if she/he is a good cook)would be good too. If I can think of anything else I'll let you know =)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • image mizgeegarcia:
    You should get one of those inflatable hammers that they sell at Border's (bookstore). For when BF annoys GF, she can bop him gently over the head.

My bro and his GF have those Sock'em Bopper things--giant inflatable boxing gloves...for this exact purpose!

Household things I wish I'd had when I moved in with my ex:  a bill organizer, chore chart, earplugs, and a bottle of Jack.

In all seriousness, though...you could put together a "date night" package if you're under the impression their money is going to be tight (and who's isn't these days?)--the usual--popcorn, sodas, a DVD, that sort of thing.

• Thats such a cute idea!

Maybe a $15/$25 gift card for them to get their odds/ends, like trash cans or plates or shower curtains.

A bottle of aspirin, kitchen stuff ( like washclothes, spatulas, apron, etc. )

• Nerf guns, seriously, haha Every time we get into an argument, i go get the nerf dart guns and shoot him and it immediately lightens the mood and eases my feeling of popping him upside the head! (we got these for christmas haha I wish I'd thought of them earlier) Also, asprin, wine, a cookbook for two (I was so accustomed to cooking for one it took a while to figure out cooking for two)

But thats such a sweet idea!

TTC since September 2010

Begin Clomid Aug 2011-Jan 2012 without monitoring
    Wised up, demanded better care and a RE

RE DX OHSS and softball sized cysts, no wonder I looked KU

Begin Femera and Injects;

Aug - 75 Gonal F for 6 days, Follies at 21, 16, 15 on CD9 another shot of Gonal F, trigger the next night
    IUI #1 Aug 17 - BFFN :( >

IUI #2 - Nov 6 - BFFN...or so we thought. BFP Nov 28!

First U/S Dec 11 shows one baby in there!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Tissues.

That way, when she calls you two years from now crying because he's STILL only her boyfriend with no hopes of marriage, she will have a tissue so she can blow her nose.

• Lol MartiniChick! A universal remote, so she can change the channel when he hogs the real one.
  • A bottle of wine...I love the nerf gun idea that is friggin awesome and wish i had one!
  • A gift certificate to a nice restaurant in the area, so they can celebrate with a nice dinner out, or a gift card to Blockbuster so they can have inexpensive date nights.

A do-it-yourself book for minor repairs, like plumbing, etc. (We lived in apartments before we moved into our house and had never really done our own repairs. We REALLY could have used this!)

A gift card to Target or Bed Bath and Beyond is always helpful.

I love the ideas about the Nerf guns and big boxing gloves! Those would be fun.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just wanted to ditto the nerf guns- that will SO be my Valentine's day gift to DH!!
  • Call me a stick in the mud, but had someone given DH and I boxing gloves or nerf guns as a "gift" when we moved in together, I wouldn't have been amused.  It's pretty immature. 

But DH and I were grown ups when we moved in together.  How old are your friends?  If they'd find boxing gloves funny, maybe they'd also like some Chuck E Cheese tokens.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • when friends of mine move to a new place, I usually give them a home depot, ikea, canadian tire gift certificate to buy all the extra stuff they need.

• Her own laundry basket.
    My favorite thing about 2011? Zip Lining in Kauai

• image MartiniChick01:

Tissues.

That way, when she calls you two years from now crying because he's STILL only her boyfriend with no hopes of marriage, she will have a tissue so she can blow her nose.

LMAO!  So wrong!

TTC #1 12.2009 BFP #1 7.2.2011 Baby Girl 3.17.2012
    Cycle 11 - Clomid 100mg + Follistim + hCg trigger + IUI= BFP!
    Beta/P4 #1(13dpo): 94.5/47, Beta/P4 #2 (17dpo): 625/19.5, Beta/P4 #3 (19dpo): 1285/18.2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP Chart
  • image MartiniChick01:

Tissues.

LMAO!  So wrong!

TTC #1 12.2009 BFP #1 7.2.2011 Baby Girl 3.17.2012
    Cycle 11 - Clomid 100mg + Follistim + hCg trigger + IUI= BFP!
    Beta/P4 #1(13dpo): 94.5/47, Beta/P4 #2 (17dpo): 625/19.5, Beta/P4 #3 (19dpo): 1285/18.2
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP Chart
  • image trigal:

A wagon wheel coffee table.

That literally made me lol! I love that movie. ??

• A bottle of Tylenol for the inevitable headaches... Kitchen utensils are always useful. A cute cookbook so they can take turns making dinner. A toolbox is always great to have around - we use the one my dad got us when we first moved in together all the time! Very handy for hanging pictures or putting together furniture :-) One of those hanging things for the closet to organize sweaters or shoes. Laundry soap. Glade Plugins. What a darling idea - I love the thought of a "congrats on this big step" basket!

• His and hers ear plugs and a bottle of booze, maybe a book of mixed drink recipes. My mom has glasses with a little faces on them so she doesn't have to drink alone when shes mad at my step dad.?

I also really like the tool box idea, and the nerf gun idea. Hubby may be getting a blow up hammer for V day. He can keep it in the car and hit me to make me shut up every time we leave his family's place.?

• Call me a stick in the mud, but had someone given DH and I boxing gloves or nerf guns as a "gift" when we moved in together, I wouldn't have been amused.? It's pretty immature.?

?

You're a stick in the mud, then. I might take those personally as a gift, but playing together is important.?