Politics & Current Events
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Accident drive-bys.

I passed an accident scene yesterday. They had the traffic closed on the side of the road where it happened, but the opposing side was still open. Drove right by and saw all the aftermath. I find it's still bothering me a day later. I wish I hadn't seen anything at all and they'd diverted both directions of traffic (because of course I had to rubberneck too.) It was a car that swerved off the road and hit and killed a pedestrian. I saw the body covered by a sheet. Cops everywhere. And there was a crane there too... I don't know if they had to lift the car off him or what... link to story  I think I have too much empathy. Stuff like this just affects me SO much. I still remember other accident scenes I passed years ago. I need to learn to just NOT look. : (

Re: Accident drive-bys.

• I'm taking your advice and NOT opening the link in your post!

I'm sorry you saw something disturbing- I couldn't have not looked, either. Watch something funny on tv.

• I'm so sorry.  It is really hard to not empathize or feel a bit closer to mortality after viewing something like that.

Valerie ~Charlotte Adele 4.26.05~ ~Audrey Irene 12.19.2006~
  • The story is just a lovely memorial. Apparently the man who was hit was well-known and liked throughout the area.  How sad.

Photobucket