Austin Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Razor Burn?

So I have sensitive skin, and not just on my face.  Sometimes, after I have shaved my bikini area (not shaved bald, just. . .um. . .contained? Embarrassed) my skin in that area gets little red bumps and is extra sensitive.  It goes away, but I have to NOT shave the area while it's going away, and I feel ridiculous trying out different (facial) moisturizers in the area.

Has this ever happened to you?  Any suggestions?  Unfortunately, waxing is not an option because that REALLY irritates the skin in that area.

Re: Razor Burn?

• I've never tried it but I've heard bikini zone works well.
    PitaPata Dog tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Have you tried a sensitive skin shaving cream?  Also- I would refrain from applying any product for at least 30 minutes- that can irritate recently shaven skin as well.  I assume you use good razor blades?  Disposables always give me razor burn.  Super Angry
  • image sandieleeann:
    I've never tried it but I've heard bikini zone works well.

I use this after waxing and it's great stuff.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • image FireChiefsBride:
    Have you tried a sensitive skin shaving cream?  Also- I would refrain from applying any product for at least 30 minutes- that can irritate recently shaven skin as well.  I assume you use good razor blades?  Disposables always give me razor burn.  Super Angry

Oooh, good call on waiting to apply product.  That's one thing I haven't been doing--I've been moisturizing right after my shower/shave!

• You know what did the trick for me and actually still works? Shave downward instead of against the grain. No more razor burn!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I use Kiss My Face sensitive/ fragrance free shaving cream and I love it. It has helped with irritation a lot.
    Business Cat. image