Entertaining Ideas

Pampered Chef etiquette

I'm going to my first Pampered Chef party in a few weeks, and wondered if there was any etiquette regarding bringing a hostess gift. Normally I bring a small hostess gift when I'm invited to a party, but I'm not sure if the same rules of etiquette apply when it's a Pampered Chef party. I've been told it's not necessary since the hostess is already receiving extra perks based on her guests purchases. Thoughts? Do you bring along a hostess gift when you attend one of these parties?

Re: Pampered Chef etiquette

• I always bring a hostess gift...better to err on the side of caution.
    She is also opening up her home and a lot of prep work goes into it even if it is her business. Always a nice gesture.
  • I would bring a small hostess gift for the party.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I wouldn't take one, but then again I hate those parties.  I'd consider my purchase of something gift enough.
  • Don't bring a hostess gift. This is a sales event, not a party. 

You can always purchase something from PC.  The hostess gets "free gifts" based on how much is purchased at her party. 

• This is business, no hostess gift necessary. If you want to bring one, great, but there is no "must do it because it's the polite thing to do" about it.
  • image BridalKatie:

Don't bring a hostess gift. This is a sales event, not a party. 

Ditto this. 

What you are attending is not a party.  It's a sales pitch made to look like a party.  There is no "etiquette" for things like that, which are rude to start with.

If you really feel like you need to do something nice for the hostess, buy something.  She gets points based on how much money the Pampred Chef Rep makes from her little "party". 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers