Money Matters

Egg substitute in cookies?

I'm lazy and not in the mood to run to the store. ?I really want to make chocolate chip cookies though. ?Any ideas? ?

Re: Egg substitute in cookies?

• do you mean that you want to use an egg substitute (like egg beaters), or that you don't have any egg-like substances at all and are wondering what you can use in place of eggs altogether?
  • image Wan-naBe:
    do you mean that you want to use an egg substitute (like egg beaters), or that you don't have any egg-like substances at all and are wondering what you can use in place of eggs altogether?

The latter. ?DH used the eggs I was saving this morning at breakfast and I didn't realize it.?

• just make the batter as is without the egg then eat it raw. no saminila (sp) poisoning to worry about! lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

........ "God only gives you what you have the strength to handle....sometimes i wish he didnt trust me so much."

• image giaM28:
    just make the batter as is without the egg then eat it raw. no saminila (sp) poisoning to worry about! lol

I like the way you think. ?Hmmm... ?

• Not worth it. Just wait until you have eggs. They're pretty much required for a decent cookie.

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • http://caloriecount.about.com/no-egg-chocolate-chip-cookies-recipe-r53917

or you can google chocolate chip cookie no egg. i got a bunch of hits on it

........ "God only gives you what you have the strength to handle....sometimes i wish he didnt trust me so much."

• image giaM28:

http://caloriecount.about.com/no-egg-chocolate-chip-cookies-recipe-r53917

or you can google chocolate chip cookie no egg. i got a bunch of hits on it

?

I found some googled recipes too, but I trust the nesties more than the google. ?I really really want chocolate chip cookies. ?Decisions now.?

• I've used a substitute that involved baking soda, baking powder, and water. It didn't affect the flavor of the cookies but it made them thin and crispy and a little dense.  But if you want chocolate chip cookies, they would probably do the trick.  Let me see if I can find it.
  • image giaM28:
    just make the batter as is without the egg then eat it raw. no saminila (sp) poisoning to worry about! lol

You, my dear, are a genius. Cookie dough is my absolute weakness.

• Thanks Kris. ?I love crispy cookies so I'm totally game. ?
  • thanks hobag now im craving chocolate chip cookies. i just texted dh to pick up some chips. 30 min to warm chocolatly goodness

• Okay Gia I'm trying that recipe. ?Hopefully I don't eat all my little Ghiradelli chocolate chips before I finish mixing.
  • I am actually going through a pack of chocolate chips as I nest...?

I'm not sure, but I think soy flour with water can be used as an egg substitute. I've never tried it. ?

• I'm allergic to eggs--when I make a recipe that calls for eggs, I just leave the eggs out. Sometimes I add a dollop of yogurt of sour cream for moistness. My cakes come out crumbly as hell but very tasty--cookies are usually just fine.