Austin Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Quick getaways

Hey ladies!  I need ideas for a one night get away within 2-3 hours of Austin.  I was thinking Fredericksburg but wanted to see what other ideas you have.  It's for DHs bday, so I want it to be relaxing and fun.  We've done San Antonio before so I am looking for something different this time. 

Re: Quick getaways

• How about the Horseshoe Bay Marriott?  We went there for my bday last year and absolutely LOVED it!  They have a beautiful grass putt putt course (with live flamingos), an amazing spa, great food.  And we went wine tasting in the area!
    image Bloom Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What about Houston? SO and I spent a weekend there once as tourists and really enjoyed hitting up some museums, eating good food and just enjoying seeing a familiar city from a new perspective.

Or if you want to stay closer to home, what about Lost Pines Resort?

• I've heard a co-worker rave about this place on Lake LBJ:

http://www.theantlers.com/

• I second Horseshoe Bay - we went last year and had a great time!  And if you do that, make reservations to go to dinner at Cafe 909 in Marble Falls one night.  It is wonderful!  It consistently makes all of the foodie lists of the best restaurants in Texas, but it is far enough that we would never go just on a normal night, but since we were there anyway, it was easy and I'm so glad we tried it!  www.cafe909.com
    Pregnancy Ticker

Kennedy Clover 7.14.08, Atalie Ryan 1.25.10
  • image mrslaquinta:
    I second Horseshoe Bay - we went last year and had a great time!  And if you do that, make reservations to go to dinner at Cafe 909 in Marble Falls one night.  It is wonderful!  It consistently makes all of the foodie lists of the best restaurants in Texas, but it is far enough that we would never go just on a normal night, but since we were there anyway, it was easy and I'm so glad we tried it!  www.cafe909.com

I just went to the website and it says they are closed. :o( He is re-opening in Houston. 

• our neighbors love this place:?http://www.canyonoftheeagles.com/

Jacob David (01/07), Matthew Isaac (12/08) & Kasey Elise (9/10)
    WEB