Travel
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

vbro.com (condo rentals)

Has anyone used them to book a condo? ?Any feedback would be great!
image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: vbro.com (condo rentals)

• My dad has used them every year for the past 5-6 years to rent condos/houses for X-mas. He's never had an issue.
  • We used vrbo for our last trip and had a fantastic experience.  We'll definitely use it again. 

Budget Travel had a big article about how to be sure you're covering all your bases with vacation rentals.  I found it really helpful.  It's in one of the last few issues - maybe your library has it.

Tired after a long morning of hiking and swimming.
  • I'm wondering the same thing-sounds like everyone has has good experiences.  We are going to book a condo in Jackson Hole through VRBO and looking for a house in Estes Park for Thanksgiving.
    Diagnosis: DOR and MFI-low everything IVF #1 = triplets! 2 girls and a boy! Born Sept 29, 2011 at 32w6d due to Pre-e and HELLP syndrome Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We used VRBO to book our rental house in Kauai, as well as the huge villa in Sayulita, Mexico, and Lake Tahoe. Its been great! Good luck and have fun!
  • We used this site to book a villa in Costa Rica.  We have not gone on the trip yet but everything looks great so far.
  • Also... its www.vrbo.com

I just didn't want you having issues with the letters switched.

• We rented a beach house on Nantucket using vrbo and had a great experience.  We will be using them again when we try Martha's Vineyard.
  • I have rented houses in Taos, NM; Sonoma, CA; Islamorado, FL and Stockbridge, MA all with vrbo.com. It was great. However, please be aware that the site is just like craigslist - its just a place for people to gather. Just because I had a good experience off vrbo.com doesn't mean you will. Be careful to read through everything so you don't get scammed. My sister had a very bad experience with a home from www.vrbo.com in Guatemala.
    imageCurly Tail Pug Rescue
  • Yes, we booked a gorgeous villa on the Big Island through them, and also a suite at the Signature MGM.  No problems with either, they were awesome, and we saved $.
    Just celebrated 6 blessed wedded years! 9.24.06
    image image Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We booked a condo through VRBO for our ski trip next week.  Everything seems fine.  Hopefully all will go smooth.
    image imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I used them for our wedding (in Oahu). I booked our condo and two other condos(for family) through vrbo and everything was great. We also went through VRBO in Maui for our honeymoon. I will definitely use them again in the future as well.