Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

NPR: So after reading the baby name board

I pretty much can't stand any of the names people suggest.  Holy cow WTF is wrong with people?

If we have a child, and it's a boy, H has pretty much said it will be named after him.  While I don't hate his name (it's John) I refuse to let anyone call him: Little John, John Junior, JJ, Johnny, etc... I've asked H if the kid can be called his MN (Paul) and he's not for that.  Oh well.

That means the girl name is ALL MINE.  While I love Lola with a passion, I don't think I'd do that to my daughter.  I think I'll name her Faye after my g-ma.  Oh, and Cerilene (pn- Searalene) is another I love, but since it's odd, I don't think I'll use it.

Re: NPR: So after reading the baby name board

• Faye is beautiful.

There's nothing wrong with Johnathan. And with all of the Kayden/Brayden/Jayden/Graysons out there, chances are he'll be the only Johnathan in the class!

• Everyone's different!  I personally hate all boy names except Jake and will be struggling if we have boys, and I don't like any of the names you listed (no offense), everyone just has different ideas, guess that's why it's great we have a choice!  Smile
  • that's the problem...he's not Johnathon!  He's just John Paul (like the pope)

His mom is nutso and already had 1 boy, so even though the dr told her it was another boy, she refused to believe it and when he was born she had no clue what to name him...also in line with this, when he was an infant, she would put girls clothes on him because she wanted a girl.  I'm just thankful she stopped that before he was old enough to realize, otherwise he'd be all kinds of fvcked up.  

• FYI, the follow up post calling us all mean b*tches for hating on Grayson and Gracen and Brayden is even funnier.

Esp. when one repeatedly defended her choice of using a "sir" name for her son's first name.

*twitch*

• It cracks me up how bent out of shape those people get in those posts. I mean, are you really going to let an internet site full of misc people you don't even know affect your decision on what to name your child??!!!

I super mega puffy heart the mock hater name posts btw!

Cooper age 8, Taylor age 14

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/2z50k0m.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/9scb5j.jpg[/IMG]
  • did anyone notice the girl naming her baby Willis? hahahaha
  • They amaze me. I wonder if they were ever teased for their names as children? As someone who was, I can assure you that their kids will resent them at some point in their lives....surely not forever (although maybe a few) but for parts of their childhoods.
    How can you think a name is unyque, when 16 other women on a random message board have all choosen the same name ie Grayson Ick! ? Do they really think it is a happy coincidence?

• image mrs.island:
    did anyone notice the girl naming her baby Willis? hahahaha

OMFG LMAO!

I didn't get it until you posted.

An awful one I've seen on MM is Odyn Sater. Not Odin, the Norse god (presumptuous much?) mind you, but Od-Y-n. The dreaded letter Y.

Though, what makes that post a shining star of nest perfection is the following sentiment:

If you're posting here and asking for random strangers opinions, be prepared to get flack from idiots with nothing better to do than make snide comments.

• I'm still sad because someone posted they hated Kelly Sad
  • image Trisigkelly:
    I'm still sad because someone posted they hated Kelly Sad

You cannot be sad. That person is naming her children Lila Siren and Linkin Keld.

• image mm1569:

image Trisigkelly:
    I'm still sad because someone posted they hated Kelly Sad

You cannot be sad. That person is naming her children Lila Siren and Linkin Keld.

Linken Keld LMAO!!!!! That sounds like some sort of disease... "yeah I heard she has a bad case of Linken Keld, they may have to operate." I like Siren (j/k) nothing says weirdo name like siren!

• Did you see the post where someone said we couldn't have opinions on naming babies since we have never prepared to name a child LMFAO!!!!! I didn't know that in order to have an opinion you must first prepare to name a child!
  • image Trisigkelly:
    Did you see the post where someone said we couldn't have opinions on naming babies since we have never prepared to name a child LMFAO!!!!! I didn't know that in order to have an opinion you must first prepare to name a child!

the ones who think this ways are the ones who think motherhood=sainthood.

• Siren is going to be a stripper and will probably be knocked up before she can earn her GED.  I guarantee it.
  • I agree with mm.

Thing is, people don't think about the fact that their child will be unique and special all by themselves, without some off the wall name. And I always, when thinking of a name, say, "Hello! I'm Dr. Catherine _____" or "The honorable judge Zachary _____ presiding"

If it doesn't fit in very well with those sentences, it's out.

Which is probably why I stick to very classic names that a baby will grow into nicely.

• Uggghhh, Harleigh?

Really?

• One of our friends named their kid Ryleigh... yeah I hate it but wat can you say?

As for myself, I am doing an odd name is we have a girl (Lorianne Rose) but it has a meaning... my grandmother was Lorraine (but I hated that name so Lorianne is as close as it gets) and Rose was my great-grandmother's middle name.  I know Rose isn't unique, but I love it.

• I am preparing to name a child. Does this mean my opinion counts double??

I think everybody has opinions when it comes to baby names. As long as it's not made up or with random "y"'s I think it's probably fine. ?

• Hahaha, there are a TON of names that I like.  Buuuut, that wasn't the point of the post.  ("Reading comprehension fail").  We weren't calling out anyone specific.  If you're going to be offended that your name is on there, then don't read the post!
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • image mrs.island:
    did anyone notice the girl naming her baby Willis? hahahaha

"What'chu talkin' 'bout, Willis?"

poor, poor child.   

Have you seen my monkey?
  • wow... i'm preparing to name my child and quite frankly I don't give a rat's ass anyone's opinion on it let alone you people who i've never met! LOL I mean seriously, it's all a matter of personal choice and when you choose to name your kid something effed up like Lila Siren, you deserve a good flaming!  I hate all the Lily, Lila, Lola names, though personally...

& I was pissed that my first name was on there as one of her "hated" names. I mean names like Jessica & Kelly are effing normal asshat!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Whatev celti... the name we have sort of picked for a girl was totally on the list, so nobody on pets is ever going to know my babies name. It will be Baby X forever!?
  • image cindy453:
    Whatev celti... the name we have sort of picked for a girl was totally on the list, so nobody on pets is ever going to know my babies name. It will be Baby X forever!

ya our top girl name was on someone's list in the post... don't let it bother you, just call her baby cindy453! LOL 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• image New&Improved Mrs.Wyman:

One of our friends named their kid Ryleigh... yeah I hate it but wat can you say?

As for myself, I am doing an odd name is we have a girl (Lorianne Rose) but it has a meaning... my grandmother was Lorraine (but I hated that name so Lorianne is as close as it gets) and Rose was my great-grandmother's middle name.  I know Rose isn't unique, but I love it.

Here's an idea that might work for you - my Aunt wanted to name her daughter after her mother Lorraine, so she named her daughter Lauren, which has a similar sound.

Master of Disguise