Getting Pregnant
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

****warning bfp mentioned***

OMG you guys I'm freaking out!  I had the HSG last week CD 8 and currently CD 14 today.  I thought it was bizarre that I had 3 positive OPKs and my boobs were sore the last couple days and I was really crampy yesterday so I had 1 digital pregnancy test and it came back positive!  I put in a call to my OB and I'm freaking out because of the HSG last week - I don't want a miscarriage!  Does anyone know anything about that?  I tested before the HSG and that came back negative.  DD is home on a snow day and she heard me yell "oh my god!" and said your pregnant right?  I had to lie because I have a special way I want to tell her.  I'll never forgive myself if something happens to this baby because of the stupid HSG.

Re: ****warning bfp mentioned***

• OH MY GOSH!  Congratulations!!
    I really don't know anything about pregnancy and the HSG.  Did you hear anything back from your doctor?  What'd they say?  I'm really curious.  Crossing my fingers for a happy, healthy and uneventful pregnancy!  :)
    Formerly iloveredvino.

Started TTC in 2010, dx PCOS
    August 2012 - baby boy born still
    IUIs and IVF blah blah blah
    IVF #1 - miscarriage
    FET#1 - BFN
    FET#2 - BFN
    IVF#2 - froze all embryos for genetic testing
    FET#1 Round 2 - Baby Boy born in 2015
    FET#2 Round 2 - CP/BFN
    Started the domestic infant adoption process - Oct 2016

• thank you @ilovewhitevinotoo - I'm kind of an emotional wreck right now.  The nurse said there is nothing to worry about regarding the HSG and negative affects of possible baby.  They didn't seem too positive I was pregnant so I went in for blood pregnancy test this morning.  Won't know results until tomorrow possibly Thursday.  They think the HSG could give me a funky cycle causing false positive pregnancy tests and so many positive OPK tests.  I had my 4th positive OPK test this morning.  I'm not taking any more pregnancy tests.  They still want me to go ahead with the CD21 progesterone test which they go by off of the first positive OPK so I need to get that tested Friday or Saturday.  I wish I hadn't tested yesterday.  I hate being in limbo for so long.
  • I honestly don't know how the HSG could cause a false positive.  I'm kind of mad at your doctor... 

Also, please keep us updated.  I'm thinking of you.
    Formerly iloveredvino.

Started TTC in 2010, dx PCOS
    August 2012 - baby boy born still
    IUIs and IVF blah blah blah
    IVF #1 - miscarriage
    FET#1 - BFN
    FET#2 - BFN
    IVF#2 - froze all embryos for genetic testing
    FET#1 Round 2 - Baby Boy born in 2015
    FET#2 Round 2 - CP/BFN
    Started the domestic infant adoption process - Oct 2016

vlagrl35brij2006
  • well I had some light spotting yesterday when wiping but stopped and nothing this morning but a little bit just came out so I'm on pelvic rest until they get the results hopefully today fingers crossed.  Dry heaved this morning and some smells are bothering me.  If I'm not pregnant I'm not sure what the heck is going on.
  • I heard back from the nurse and I am 4 weeks pregnant.  Go in Jan 12th for U/S and OB appt.  Getting betas checked every other day because of spotting.  I was in DDs holiday party classroom and the teacher had a scenty smell going.  It smelled like vanilla coffee and was making me nauseous so I was preparing to use their bathroom but didn't need to thank goodness.

Doctor said not to worry about negative affects with baby but I did have that HSG when I was pregnant last week.  Apparently the numbers were not high enough to register on the HPT I took before the procedure.

lfk2013ilovewhitevinotoo
  • Congrats @vlagrl35! Wishing you a happy and healthy rest of your pregnancy!

TTC since 3/2012 
    DH - 36; nml swimmers; Me - 36; almost no AMH (last 0.081), low AFC, nml FSH/LH
    Clomid + IUI #1 (6/2013) - BFN; #2 (7/2013) - BFFN
    IVF 1.0 5R/5F/2T (ET 6/11/2014) - no frosties, but BFP 8dp5dt (EDD 3/1/2015) 
    Lost our sweet baby boy, Lincoln Alexander 10/3/2014 (19w)
    IVF 2.0 - ER 3/25/2015 - 3R ZERO mature.
    Ovaries are done...
    DE IVF ER - 12/2/2016 (17R/10F = 8 frosties); FET 1.0 (1/27/2017) - BFP 6dp5dt (EDD 10/16/2017)
  • I had some red spotting last night so I'm super nervous now.  It is back to brown today.  Nurse is going to put stat on the order so I will know the beta numbers today or tomorrow.  I hope this one sticks.  we are planning on telling DD tomorrow.