Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Fallout Bunker

TN has irritated the crap out of me today. I am seriously considering moving to the fallout bunker if you guys are down with it. I'll stick with you guys even if we stay here, unless we move to FB. No FB for me. FWIW, my SN will be Beau on that forum. What do you guys think? Should we stay or should we go? 

Re: Fallout Bunker

• I'm not here all that often, but would participate much more if we were on PB.

No FB for me.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I go where you guys go, just let me know!
    Vellichor: The strange wistfulness of used bookstores
  • I'll go where everyone else decides to go.  The Nest is really starting to piss me off.
    116 books in 2016

my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wes: 10/8/2012

• I'll go to Pro Boards. I miss the activity.
  • I'll go to PB, too, if that's what everyone wants to do.  There will clearly be a learning curve for me over there.  I was just poking around over there and it took a a little while to figure out how to even post.  LOL.  These new-fangled things are hard for me to learn.
  • SusieBW said:
    I'll go to PB, too, if that's what everyone wants to do.  There will clearly be a learning curve for me over there.  I was just poking around over there and it took a a little while to figure out how to even post.  LOL.  These new-fangled things are hard for me to learn.
    TBH, I like it better.  It is a little bit of a learning curve, but I think the end result will be much, much better.
    116 books in 2016

my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• One other thing that is concerning to me is how to we get new recruits?  There are so few people here now that if we go over there how do we get new people in?

Would it be better to do the GBCN book club? I know we have our history with them, but at least there is some traffic.

116 books in 2016

my read shelf:

• SnShne322 said:
    One other thing that is concerning to me is how to we get new recruits?  There are so few people here now that if we go over there how do we get new people in?

Would it be better to do the GBCN book club? I know we have our history with them, but at least there is some traffic.

I was thinking about this too. I only see a few names that I remember from before the exodus. I suppose they could have changed their SNs though. I saw some posts from spedruner, abs, dorothyinAus. I don't remember them specifically but their SNs seem familiar.

• abs05abs05
    Ancient Membership 500 Comments 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    SnShne322 said:
    One other thing that is concerning to me is how to we get new recruits?  There are so few people here now that if we go over there how do we get new people in?

I was thinking about this too. I only see a few names that I remember from before the exodus. I suppose they could have changed their SNs though. I saw some posts from spedruner, abs, dorothyinAus. I don't remember them specifically but their SNs seem familiar.

Yep, I have started posting over there since other boards I used to post on migrated to gbcn. The book board is not super active. If we combine two slow boards maybe we will get one active board??
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • abs05 said:
    SnShne322 said:

Yep, I have started posting over there since other boards I used to post on migrated to gbcn. The book board is not super active. If we combine two slow boards maybe we will get one active board??
    I thought GBCN  was what y'all were atlking about when you said proboards. I fail at this.
    Vellichor: The strange wistfulness of used bookstores
  • Nova726Nova726
    Tenth Anniversary 5000 Comments 100 Love Its First Answer
    I know I haven't been around in forever, but was the final decision to go over to GBCN?  tell me where I find you ladies! lol 
    Miss you guys!
     Helene (Nova726)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)