Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

What did you read this weekend?

On a dreary (at least in my area) Tuesday...what did you read, neglect, make progress on? Any exciting weekend plans?

Re: What did you read this weekend?

• I totally neglected Kyland by Mia Sheridan. I am just not loving it but feel like I have read enough that I at least need to finish it. I am eager to move on to something else. 

• I'm the same way with Paper Towns. What should have been a 2 to 3 day read tops is going on a week and I'm 50% there.

Had a chance to meet up with a good friend from college. Went to a dance club which is something I normally never do because we don't have them in my area, but it was fun. 
  • It's SO dreary out.  and cold.  and yucky.

I'm still working though Founding Brothers by Joseph Ellis.  I'm loving it.  I really like the tone and style of it, and it's a great summary for after finishing the first four presidential bios.  It's nice to have a different take on various events and people, and a little more insight into those events and individuals.

This weekend, DH and I are taking Friday off work and going to Boston for the day, then seeing G Love in Boston Friday night and staying over.  Sunday I'm judging at the state Academic Decathlon.  In between, we have to get our bathroom all cleaned out, because demolition starts next week!
  • I got started on Middlemarch, finally, and it's rough going.  I'm determined to finish it though.  I also read some more organizing books and finished Someone Could Get Hurt.  Tonight I'm starting the memoir by the mom of one of the Columbine shooters.
    image image image
  • I got started on Middlemarch, finally, and it's rough going.  I'm determined to finish it though.  I also read some more organizing books and finished Someone Could Get Hurt.  Tonight I'm starting the memoir by the mom of one of the Columbine shooters.
     Please let me know how you like the memoir. I missed her on 20/20, heard it was good.