Military Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Changing residency confusion

A little background- DH: active duty AF me: civilian, new milspouse Both of us are from Ohio Hello! I'm new to the boards and to the military lifestyle. As I mentioned, my husband and I are both from Ohio. He has never in his career changed his state of residency. It is my understanding that I do not HAVE to change as well. However, we are currently stationed in Nevada and we are considering changing residency to NV since it is a tax friendly state. We are not planning on buying a house in NV. My concern is, what happens when we get PCS orders to a different state? Would we have to change residency again since we wouldn't have a permanent address in NV? Or is there a way to keep NV residency without buying a house? How does that affect taxes? Are we better off just sucking up the huge Ohio income taxes and keeping our residency there? Thanks for your help!

Re: Changing residency confusion

• As long as you both change to NV, you're good. You just both have to keep the same one. Sucks for those of us not
    I've seen a lot of military surprise homecomings. It wouldn't work on me. I always have my back to the corner and my face to the door. Looking for terrorists, criminals, various other threats, and husbands.