Family Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

baby fever, bad timing

Any ideas on how to deal with baby fever? We are not in the right place to even think of having a baby but I am having a hard time with it. On TV, FB etc, I get thoughts of having a baby. I am usually really stressed out and busy studying, then when I take a break to cool down, boom baby thoughts. 

It is irrational, I know it is, but it is still there and it has been for over a month. 

Ideas are welcome!

Re: baby fever, bad timing

• Do you have any young nieces/nephews or friends with babies? You could offer to babysit for free for a friend so she and her spouse can do a date night while you get some good baby/kid time. If you go to a house of worship, you could volunteer in the nursery program to get some more baby cuddles.

Other than that, I would just have some fun with dreaming about what it will be like when the time is right. Imagine how awesome it will be to have your little family when you are in a better position for it. Maybe you can go hang out on some pinterest boards and have fun dreaming about future baby rooms. 
    JaniV123
  • @simplyelise I live 1.5hr away from family and friends who have babies and I am in medical school so volunteering anyplace other than a hospital is hard. 

I am seeing my godson on saturday and my nieces/nephews on sunday and hopefully that will ease my baby fever for a few more months. 
  • JaniV123 said:
    Any ideas on how to deal with baby fever? We are not in the right place to even think of having a baby but I am having a hard time with it. On TV, FB etc, I get thoughts of having a baby. I am usually really stressed out and busy studying, then when I take a break to cool down, boom baby thoughts. 

It is irrational, I know it is, but it is still there and it has been for over a month. 

Ideas are welcome!
    There are tons of kids' and youth groups who need vounteers.:)

Look into it. You'll get your kid fix and you'll help somebody else.
  • If you're at the hospital, go hang out in the baby ward for a bit. Maybe they need some help feeding or something? I'm a librarian, so I know nothing of how medical school works. If nothing else, you could just go look in on the little ones. I'm with you on the fever - have been for a year, but we're 6 months out from TTC.