Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Talk to me about Little Free Libraries...

I believe there are none near me or anywhere close in CT! I think this is fantastic and am honestly thinking about trying to make one happen in my town.

Who has one near them, what are your thoughts about them?

@julie37619 @BabyRN2006 I think you ladies have some experience with them...

my read shelf:Jess (Shepherdjel)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Talk to me about Little Free Libraries...

• We have a few in my town and they're adorable.  I've never stopped to take advantage of them but I think they're such a neat idea.

My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• There is one in my home town. I walk by it frequently when I'm out with the dog. It's adorable.

• I'm obsessed with mine.  I try to go by at least twice a week and make sure they look neat and clean and that the books in them are interesting and not just crap.  People put in junk all the time - stuff like used coloring books or piles of religious tracts.  But people also put good stuff in and I think they're awesome as long as someone is keeping an eye on them to make sure they're kept up well.  Ours get really messy and unappealing if I go too long without straightening them up.

You can put in your zip code or state on this map and see if there are any near you: http://littlefreelibrary.org/ourmap/
    image image image
  • I'm obsessed with mine.  I try to go by at least twice a week and make sure they look neat and clean and that the books in them are interesting and not just crap.  People put in junk all the time - stuff like used coloring books or piles of religious tracts.  But people also put good stuff in and I think they're awesome as long as someone is keeping an eye on them to make sure they're kept up well.  Ours get really messy and unappealing if I go too long without straightening them up.

You can put in your zip code or state on this map and see if there are any near you: http://littlefreelibrary.org/ourmap/
    @julie37619 So when you say yours do you mean you started it? If so how did you start? Any advice/tips?

my read shelf:Jess (Shepherdjel)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • No, I didn't start them.  My neighbor is Vice Mayor of the city and it was his initiative.  Local people built them and I'm just in charge of maintaining them and making sure they stay stocked and clean.  Our are all in parks or on city property, which I prefer to having them in a person's yard.  I know that I, personally, wouldn't want to encourage people cruising by my house.  And having them in a public space means people are more likely to go by, since we don't live in an urban area with foot traffic.  
    image image image