Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Weekend Reading

What did you start, finish, make headway on, or neglect this weekend?

Do anything fun?
image image image

Re: Weekend Reading

• I finished The Nightingale. By far the best book I have read all year. Amazing story.

We spent the entire weekend doing yard work. We managed to put down 1 1/2 ton of river rock for our driveway and sections of our flower bed.

• I finished Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari.  It was good, but I feel like I would have found it much funnier if I hadn't JUST listened to all of his stand up albums - it's a lot of the same jokes.

I started one called Is Shame Necessary and picked Great Expectations back up.  I've been neglecting it for way too long.
    image image image
  • I finished My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick (and I LOVED it!).  I stayed up WAY too late reading it on Friday night, but I just couldn't put it down.  Finally finished it Saturday morning.

Saturday afternoon I started Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys, and I finished it last night.  I absolutely devoured this book.  I loved it so much.  Again, I stayed up way too late reading it, but that didn't even matter because I couldn't sleep last night at all anyway.

After I finished Out of the Easy last night at about 1:30 am, and still couldn't sleep after trying and trying and getting up with cranky baby Eli for a little while and still not being able to sleep, at about 3 am I started reading The Last Town, which is the third and final in the Wayward Pines series by Blake Crouch.

I've completely neglected Dead Wake by Erik Larsson for the past week, because I've been so sick and not driving my car at all.  It's so good, but it's on actual CDs in my car, so I haven't been listening to it much lately.

I did nothing fun this weekend.  I stayed in the house sick and taking care of my sick 4 year old.  Ugh.

angelashly
  • I finished Perfection by someone? I don't even know. It was a memoir and it went nowhere and the author was unbearable. Bleh. 

And I started and finished (on a long car ride) Surviving the Angel of Death, a holocaust memoir. It was really good. I didn't realize when I picked it out on the library website that it was intended for a younger audience- probably jr high/early high school-ish, so it was a lot tamer than other books I've read on the subject, but super interesting nonetheless. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• angelashlyangelashly member
    Tenth Anniversary 5000 Comments 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2015
    I read more of P.S. I love you but we were busy all weekend so no reading time

Fun: we went to the zoo for my work's zoo day. That was fun
  • @Jackiback The author came to our local high school 3 years ago to speak about her book and her experience. The book was tame to others I have read, but it was amazing to hear her live encounters of what happened to her personally.
  • I am reading Kate Morton "The Forgotten Garden" and Mary Kubica "The Good Girl". I made minimal progress in both. We went camping this past weekend, our once a year trip.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • I've started reading Primates of Park Avenue. It's ok, but I'm not really the target audience (mothers). I'll finish it because it's not bad but it's not quite what I expected. 

I got autumnal air fresheners from Bath & Body Works this weekend. That counts as fun, right?
    julie37619
  • I read Burned, Tomb of the Golden Bird, and World Without End.

We went to visit my parents for the weekend, it was sort of fun. 
    Books read in 2011: 111

Books read in 2012: 100
    Books read in 2013: 75
    Books read in 2014: 130
    Books read in 2015: 98
    my read shelf:
    Jennifer's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)