Starting Over
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Served with custody papers...

So my fiance (we have been together 2 1/2yrs) got served with papers from his ex girlfriend for full custody and support of their almost 4yr old daughter. They were never married and only together about 3 mos after the child was born. They however came up with a mutual verbal agreement regarding the child. They have been doing a 50/50 arrangement since they split up. My fiance has never been late or not picked up his child and has never had any criminal or drug charges or anything that would make him unfit. He has worked full time and provided his daughter with what she needs during his time and paid for childcare while he was working. I have been in the childs life since she was about 15 months old and she has also developed a sibling like relationship with my children. This all started I believe when we got engaged. She had always wanted to get back with him and i think this was the reality that wasnt going to happen. He has always treated her with respect and co parented very well and he was crushed that she is basically trying to take his child away for selfish reasons. She lied on the documents saying that the child has continuously resided with her. He is devastated, and i am very frustrated. We put down a retainer to fight this but I guess I am just looking for some advice or if anyone knows what the likelihood is that they will be able to remain 50/50 like they have been doing..

Re: Served with custody papers...

  • The best thing to do is going to be to fight it, and go to the court about it. Because it will now go to the court, someone will have to obtain primary physical custody, and they have have split visitation. He needs to talk with a lawyer (go to a bunch for all the free consultations he can get!!) and YOU need to step back away from it because the court wont even give 2 poos about you because it is not your kid. When I was married to my ex, they didn't even care about me when I was his wife for anything. Just him and his past behavior with his ex and their daughter (and I should have looked closer at him and what they were saying but he was "changed!" bs...). 
Sign In or Register to comment.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards