Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

How to get help from your husband....

I get frustrated sometimes because my husband doesn't help me around the house--when he is home to help, he sits and watches TV as I am busting my tail. I love to play loud music, because it gets me motivated, and he'll literally sit down and turn on what he wants to watch, i don't think it's fair! He thinks that when I ask him to do the dishes or fold/put his laundry up that it's like I am asking him to do everything you can imagine! He's a teacher and a coach--so we spend a lot of time at the field--so yes, sometimes I get behind on the house, due to making sure I support him! I mean the laundry that I ask him to fold will sit there for 3-4 days and I leave it, hoping that he'll take care of it--but then it will drive me nuts, so I take care of it! He thinks that picking up clutter is cleaning---and that drives me crazy! He's constantly bringing up how we need to hire somebody when I ask him to help, or when I get behind! Which I used to have a friend clean every other week, which helped with the restrooms, floors, etc.--but now that I have a new job and am definitely not making as much money, I had to stop. I just don't think that's fair, and it gets extremely frustrating! Now that school is almost out, I don't know how much he's actually going to help. It's hard, because he just doesn't get it! I don't know what to do--I am sooo tired! It would be so different if I didn't work, wasn't going to school for my MAT and taking care of everything else! He's very neat, I am the messier one--I admit it, but it's helping with the simple stuff that I ask! HELP! 

Re: How to get help from your husband....