Delaware Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Anyone renew their license lately?

Mine is expiring this month and I need to get the federally compliant one to replace it.  If I bring my passport, which has my married name on it, as my proof of identity instead of my birth certificate, do I still need to bring my marriage license to show proof of name change?  Did that question make sense?

This whole thing is giving me a headache. 

Re: Anyone renew their license lately?

• I'm not sure about the passport b/c I brought my birth certificate and marriage license. I'd probably bring it just in case. While I was sitting there, alot of people left because they didn't have all the necessary paperwork. When I went, there was a check in desk as soon as you went in and a person there just checked your appears to make sure you had everything you needed. But that was when the first started doing the new license so I'm not sure if they still offer it.

• I just renewed mine and all I had to do was send some money in and they mailed me a current one! It was awesome
  • @amccul20 - Not helpful, haha :-)

@klm42404 - I guess I should just bring everything.  Sigh. 
  • klm42404 said:
    When I went, there was a check in desk as soon as you went in and a person there just checked your appears to make sure you had everything you needed. But that was when the first started doing the new license so I'm not sure if they still offer it.
    They do!

And, in case anyone was wondering, I ended up not needing my marriage license.  The guy actually looked at me like I was crazy for bringing it.  "This is your married name on your passport, right?  So why did you bring that?"
  • I've had a federally compliant ID since 2011 I think? Whenever they first started offering them. I had to renew my license this January & called the DMV TWICE after I got a letter stating I needed to bring all the paperwork again because I had to get this ID & explained to them I already had one. They told me I still needed to bring everything.

Got to the DMV, had the guy check to see if the letter I had from social security (I had to order a new card because M lost all of ours. All. of. them.), got out all the other paperwork, then handed him my old license. He was like, "You see this gold star? You didn't have to do that." I told him I'd called twice & they told me I had to, then he said that they have a new call center or something & that they're still using old materials.

And then two weeks after I renewed, they started allowing you to smile in photos again.

Glad it went so smoothly for you @janma529!
  • I hate my picture this past time b/c you couldn't smile. I LOVED my old license. Maybe they can use the picture again? Haha

• phanatic said:
    Glad it went so smoothly for you @janma529!
    Welllllllll...there was a slight hiccup.  The guy had to keep taking my picture because the computer wasn't accepting it.  He had me move my hair all around, tilt my head in different ways...

By the time we got an acceptable picture, I was no longer smiling.