Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

holiday breakfast recipes

Hey ladies! What do you make for breakfast or brunch on holidays? I'm looking for something that I can prepare the night before and pop in the morning of. I'm presently computer and internet-less so I can't search at home.

My favorite Cake Wreck ever.

Re: holiday breakfast recipes

• I always make cinnamon rolls, but mine have to be gluten free. 
    So I use Bob's Red Mill Gluten free Pizza mix. 

Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls

Dough:
    1/4 cup Butter
    1/2 cup Sugar
    2 Eggs
    Yeast Packet (from package)
    1 cup Warm Water
    1 – 16 pkg Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix
    Rice Flour for dusting

Filling:
    1/4 cup Butter, melted
    1/2 cup Brown Sugar
    2 tsp Cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 375°F.

Add 1 Tb of the sugar to the warm water. Sprinkle the yeast packet on top of water and let sit 5 minutes. Cream together the butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, making sure to blend in completely.

Add the yeast mixture to the butter/egg mixture and blend. Add in the pizza crust mix; blend two minutes. Heavily dust a foot long sheet of wax paper with rice flour. Spread batter over the length of the wax paper, about 19 inches. Using warm water, wet your hands and press the batter outward to fill the sheet. Keep your hands wet. Once the batter evenly covers the wax paper, brush melted butter over the batter from edge to edge.

Combine the cinnamon and sugar and then sprinkle mixture over the batter from edge to edge. Pick up the short end of the wax paper and begin carefully rolling the batter over itself like you would a jelly roll. Cut the roll into 1 ½ inch pieces and gently place the disks into the 8 x 8 inch greased pan. It is okay to crowd them.

Let the rolls rise in a warm place for 30 minutes. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes. Remove from oven, cool until the butter stops bubbling then flip out onto a plate. Makes 8 cinnamon rolls.

I always roll them up and put in the pan, cover with a towel and keep in the fridge overnight, then I take them out to rise for 30 minutes in the morning. 

my read shelf:
    Miranda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    “Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
    "That depends a good deal on where you want to get to."
    "I don't much care where –"
    "Then it doesn't matter which way you go.”
    ― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

• I've made this tater tot breakfast casserole before. It wasn't amazing but wehttp://http://www.group ate it all up.

If you want something sweeter, I have made this Paula Deen French Toast Casserole. One of the comments suggest using two pans, so you can lay the toast flat. I would highly recommend that. It tasted great but my bread got soggy where it overlapped.
    For Christmas am, Paula Deen's praline french toast casserole - make the night before - super simple & yum!  Christmas morning breakfast!

• I usually do an egg casserole, but this year I'm going to try baked french toast, this recipe, actually:

Coconut Almond French Toast

My new bff Gayle Forman!

“You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control"
    - Gayle Forman
    "People talk about escapism as if it's a bad thing... Once you've escaped, once you come back, the world is not the same as when you left it. You come back to it with skills, weapons, knowledge you didn't have before. Then you are better equipped to deal with your current reality."
    - Neil Gaiman

Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• OMG I have the best brunch casserole recipe at home. It's life changing! :)

I'll try to remember to send it to you tonight.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That would be wonderful, Ashley! Keep them coming. The ones with sugar, I can adapt for us if need be.

• Thanks for the suggestions so far!

• RevJen said:
    That would be wonderful, Ashley! Keep them coming. The ones with sugar, I can adapt for us if need be.
    Remind me if you don't get it tonight or tomorrow.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• RevJen said:

That would be wonderful, Ashley! Keep them coming. The ones with sugar, I can adapt for us if need be.

Remind me if you don't get it tonight or tomorrow.

Ok

• I make sticky buns.  This recipe looks pretty similar to what I make:  http://www.livecrafteat.com/eat/overnight-monkey-bread-recipe/
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• I always mean to make something akin to this but then I forget to put it together. http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Cheese-and-Sausage-Breakfast-Casserole-1591