Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

National Book Award Winners!

2014 National Book Award Winners

I'm so excited for Jacqueline Woodson. I really need to read Brown Girl Dreaming. 
image image image
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: National Book Award Winners!

• Any thoughts or opinions on Daniel Handler's comments during the presentation?
    image image image
  • Any thoughts or opinions on Daniel Handler's comments during the presentation?
    SO. MANY. THOUGHTS. 

I think it was in such, such poor taste. Even if he is good friends with Woodson and this is some inside joke between the two of them, a platform like this is NOT the place to share it. He should have been celebrating her amazing accomplishments and not reducing her to a stereotype. I was seriously horrified when I read about this. 
    image image image
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    SO. MANY. THOUGHTS. 

I think it was in such, such poor taste. Even if he is good friends with Woodson and this is some inside joke between the two of them, a platform like this is NOT the place to share it. He should have been celebrating her amazing accomplishments and not reducing her to a stereotype. I was seriously horrified when I read about this. 
    Totally agreed.  I couldn't believe he thought that it was in any way appropriate.  You're speaking about someone's achievement of a lifetime to a crowd that is supposed to be the intellectual elite.  What part of any of that would allow you to believe that such a blatantly racist comment is ok or would go unnoticed?  I haven't watched the clip because I feel like it'll just make me even angrier than reading the quotes.
    image image image