Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

WIJFR: Astonish Me (sp)

This book thoroughly impressed me.  At first, I was a little hesitant to read about ballet.  I enjoy ballet, but I wasn't sure if it would be too much considering my limited understanding of it. While it was seriously present, I didn't feel talked down to about it and I was able to follow along seamlessly.  I started to enjoy the book more as it became less about Joan and more about Harry/Chloe/Arslan.  I guessed the secret in the first few minutes.  It almost felt like the worst kept secret. 

I was surprised at how much I didn't hate Joan, I didn't hate Jacob for his reaction. And I was suprised at how much I really liked Arslan and Chloe together.  Also, I loved the relationship between Elaine and Mr. K.  There's something so soothing about finding what I felt like were soul mates, even if it wasn't strictly romantic.  The connection they had together and their understanding of each other was comforting as a reader.   It was such a soap opera of characters, but it was woven together perfectly.

Thanks for the suggestion, NBC!
116 books in 2016

my read shelf:
Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Wes: 10/8/2012

Re: WIJFR: Astonish Me (sp)

• Yay!  I was so excited to see someone else read it!  I also loved Elaine and Mr. K.  I loved that they were all seriously flawed but so human that you couldn't hate them.  
    image image image
    SnShne322
  • I absolutely loved this book and actually picked it up after seeing @Julie37619 's review on Goodreads.  I'm glad I did.  The characters felt rich.  Seeing how events carry such a wide ripple was fascinating even when you can guess the secret in the beginning.  I think Elaine is one of my favorite characters of the year this far.  She feels so full to me and like someone I'd want to sit with all day even if we never spoke.

Nicolle's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)