Crafts
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

2014 Craft Ornament Exchange Sign Up

Alrighty, guess I'll take the lead on this one again!
The sign-up by date is on November 5th with a mail by date of December 10th.  That should give everyone enough time for the ornaments to arrive and be put on trees (or wherever it ends up!) before the holiday. 

"Make an ornament or two to exchange with someone. Craft out of yarn, ribbon, paper, or whatever! Be sure to ask your elf questions so you can make sure to make something your person will be sure to enjoy. Have fun!"

Please PM me with your email address if you want to participate and I will send you an invitation.  Please be sure to put your Nest name somewhere in your elfster name so we know who you are!

Also, and I cannot stress this enough, if you are not planning on making and mailing an ornament, be kind and do not sign up.  It's fun to make and give, but it's also fun to receive...am I right??

my read shelf:
Miranda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
“Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to."
"I don't much care where –"
"Then it doesn't matter which way you go.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

SheMarie82

Re: 2014 Craft Ornament Exchange Sign Up

• Bumpity bump bump..  You know because it was so far down the page!

3 signed up so far! 
    my read shelf:
    Miranda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Just a reminder, if you wish to participate, please send me a PM with your email address by November 4th so I can invite you to the exchange! 
    my read shelf:

• I would love to participate! Can't figure out to PM you though :p 
  • Click on my name, there will something that says Private Message on my page! 
    :D
    my read shelf:

• Hey guys, I'm thinking of cancelling the exchange.  More people expressed interest than are actually signing up, and that does not make me confident that we wont have problems with people flaking out when it is time to exchange.  I just don't want to deal with that stress of messaging people over and over and people ignoring me again this year. 
    my read shelf:

• I just sent you my address, I'm in!
  • Ok, I am going to have to bow out of this exchange this year.  If someone else would like to run it, let me know and I'll help you set up a new exchange.  Sorry for the inconvenience. 
    my read shelf:

• Bummer! =( It sounds like a fun idea, but not much interest this year =(
  • Yeah, we only had 4
    :(
    And there is not enough communication on the boards to drum up some interest. 
    my read shelf:

• Thanks for trying!  I was excited for it!

Be the change you want to see in the world!

• Sorry!  Maybe we can drum up more traffic to the board this year and have a very awesome exchange next year!
    my read shelf: