Crafts
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

So..I just got an ornament exchange email from Elfster

It told me it's been a year since the ornament exchange was set up last year!
Now, I know, it's dead in here. 
Hell, the previous ornament exchange stuff is still on the first page of posts! 
But, as in previous years, it's been my favorite.  Although last year, even though I believe everyone got their ornaments since no one told me otherwise, it was like pulling teeth trying to follow up and make sure that everyone got them. 
So I don't know if anyone is interested or not.
With so few people, it may not even be worth it, especially if communication is as annoying as it was last year.
Let me know your thoughts!
my read shelf:
Miranda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
“Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to."
"I don't much care where –"
"Then it doesn't matter which way you go.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Re: So..I just got an ornament exchange email from Elfster

• I would so be in!
  • I haven't participated before. What do I have to do?
  • For the Craft board holiday ornament exchange, everyone who is participating rsvp's on the website elfster.  You'd get an invite from me or whoever else ends up running it.  There would be a deadline to rsvp, say November 5th or something.  And then the website would automatically draw names from the people participating on the 6th.  Sort of a secret santa kind of deal. 
    And then you'd have around a month to ask anonymous questions to the person you are giving to, and the person giving to you would be asking you questions as well.  Things like favorite color, favorite hobby, how they decorate their tree, and so on.  And then you would make your person an ornament or two and send it off to them! 

my read shelf:
    Miranda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Sounds like fun! I'm in! =)
  • SheMarie82SheMarie82
    10 Comments 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited October 2014
    Sounds like fun!  I would love to participate.

Be the change you want to see in the world!

• my read shelf: