Any others like me out there? This is a two parter:
1. Finally changed my name after DH & I finished our visas. Do I need to change my name on my Australian visa? If so, how?
2. My Spouse Migrant Visa (subclass 100) expires in 2017 and I don't think I can do anything about it. We lived in Australia 2009-2010, have been living in the 2010 to present, and don't anticipate living in Australia again in the next 3 years. Please let me know if there's anything missing from these two options:
A. Get the Resident Return Visa: "You must have spent two of the last five years in Australia as a permanent resident or citizen." or
B. To become a citizen you must:
- "have been living in Australia on a valid Australian visa for four years immediately before applying which must include the last 12 months as a permanent resident, and"
- "not have been absent from Australia for more than one year in total, in the 4 year period, including no more than 90 days in the year before applying."
- However, for spouses: "You may be eligible for a variation to the residence requirement. This means the time you spent overseas while a permanent resident may be counted as time spent in Australia, providing you can demonstrate a close connection to Australia."
What do you think and what is your experience? TIA! This stuff is so tricky...
"Here we stand from two distant lands, brought together by His hand"
my Aussie <BR>