Military Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Baby pressure

Hi everyone. I need some advice. My husband and I married 3 years ago and then walked right into our fleet deployment squadrons. We are both pilots. Between work ups, deployments, and the home cycle we have spent no more than 2 months at a time even living under the same roof. We both just picked up shore tour orders and not a week later we started hearing pressure to get the "family" ball rolling. It's not that I don't want a baby but I feel that we have had so little time yet to even enjoy being a married couple and I don't want to jump into starting a family when we haven't even defined who we are together. I turn 30 next month so of course that's a huge factor but I feel like many women have started having children late in life. I'd love some sound advice from real people. Not just articles in the internet. Thanks!

Re: Baby pressure

• Hi! I know where you are coming from. I do get the baby pressure from family and it gets annoying. I'm 28 and by my age a lot of the women in my family are on their 2nd and even 3rd kid so I feel like the odd duck but all I have to say is that it is your life AND your baby. The best advice I can give is only you and your husband knows when the time is right to have a kid. It's going to be you two who get up in the middle of the night for late night changings and feedings so it should be you two who make the decision of when to have a child. While making your decision of when just keep the lines of communication open between you and your husband and take time with one another.

• 30 is not at all late in life. You have plenty of time to have children yet. Do what works for you and your husband. You two are the ones that will be raising the child, not everyone else.

Tell anyone that brings it up that the two of you have made your own decisions and don't need outside people weighing in on your marriage.
    SlurpeeLove