Military Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Fort Rucker or Fort Riley?

lbelle95lbelle95
First Comment
edited June 2014 in Military Nesties
I'm new to military life, I just got married and my husband is in pilot training at Fort rucker. I know absolutely no one here on top of the fact I have nothing to do all week. In late August/early September we're moving to fort Riley so I guess I'll do the same thing over. Anyway, I just thought I'd see if there was anyone else from either of those places or anyone with advice.

Re: Fort Rucker or Fort Riley?

• I'm from Ft. Riley! :) Living off base is super expensive, just a heads up. I didn't want to live on base at all, but all the places for rent (even just for a new couple starting out) are $800 a month, without utilities. Idk what rank your husband is, but mine is e-3 and we were barely getting by in a one bedroom apartment. If you do live off base, stay away from Quinton Point apartments and Geary Estates apartments. They look really nice from the outside, and even at first glance on the inside, but they are cheaply made and the staff is incredibly rude and inconsiderate.