Trash to Treasure
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Custom made tea length wedding gown. Very unique with a retro flair

I designed this dress myself and a very sweet local seamstress made it by hand. She really took her time and a lot of love went into it. It is tea length and wonderful for the bride who wants something unique or even a bride who wants something to change into for the reception. It has a retro flair but is also very romantic, it is not the typical wedding dress. 

It is actually two pieces which I really liked for ease and fitting.  The skirt is my favorite part, It is made with several layers of tule and is full without being to full. It almost has a creamy pale pink ting to it that is very unique and lovely and then the top layer of tulle is a single layer of white tulle with rhinestones to add some beautiful sparkle detail. It closes with a hook and zipper. It is fully lined with a silky fabric so it is very smooth against your skin. You could actually wear it separate from the corset top if you found a corset you loved more.

The corset top is made from a silky creme material and has plastic boning and a sweet heart neckline. It looks lovely with a broach in the middle! It has pale pink accent crystal bobbles and the neckline is framed in pink tulle that comes up to form a halter that ties at your neck.The tulle halter is left long and flows down the back, I loved this part but you could easily cut it down if it was too much tulle for your taste.  The back laces up with a cord that matches the corset, it has been a bit frayed at the bottom so I suggest you replace it with ribbon (creme, pale pink or even a light blue for your something blue would be lovely! or heirloom lace for your something old!). Like most wedding dresses the corset has a privacy panel so you don't see skin under the laces

Pictures from the wedding so you can see it on. 
The bottom of the dress:  image

Front top detail : image

The side and back with tea lengthimage

The side image

And then some detail ones I just took:
Full dress:  image
tulle skirt with rhinestone detail image

The corset image

Boning detail of corset image

Back of corset detail image

Pink bobbles on front of corset image

It is in lovely condition but I think it needs to be dry cleaned.  I wore it at my wedding and then hug it in my closet. . I looked over it and there is a slight discoloration on one of the side boning area of the corset with a few tiny pulls.It is not noticeable really but its there, it was light and hard to get a picture of but I tried 

.  Also the inside (against your skin) has a stain in the corset, it is inside the dress so no one would see, it is from cake, haha. Plus the cord needing replaced like I said before. Other then those tiny things it still looks like the day I put it on. 

The waist of the skirt is about a 39.5 circumference and 38 inch from waist to bottom of skirt in length. It could easily be taken in or shortened! The corset completely tightened is about a 34 inch circumference and it can be loosened and tightened  A LOT to fit your curves like a glove. If the smallest part of your waist is ABOVE 34 inches it should fit nicely ( and then you can losse in a lot so that gives you a lot of wiggle room for your waist measurement above 34. The corsetmay be able to be taken in as well. 

$300 OBO (plus shipping- unless you can somehow get it from Fort Worth Texas)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker