Military Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Newbie/Newlywed Navy Wife-Staying in TX

Hey guys I just got married to my Sailor, he's stationed in San Diego but we decided for me to stay home in TX because he is only in for another year and a half and will be out most of the time. Any advice on anything or even just someone to talk? I was prior army but I got injured very early on in my career and had to get out.

Re: Newbie/Newlywed Navy Wife-Staying in TX

• I'm married to a Marine and am in another branch and we're currently separated due to my training. I'm so sorry to hear you got hurt!
    I've seen a lot of military surprise homecomings. It wouldn't work on me. I always have my back to the corner and my face to the door. Looking for terrorists, criminals, various other threats, and husbands.
  • My husband and I are both Navy but currently stationed apart.  We do lots of google chat, talk daily, send pictures to each other of things going on, send care packages/cards/hand written letters.  We've also read marriage/relationship books together by reading one chapter then discussing/answering questions.  We're Christians and will read a chapter from the Bible together each night, I'll read 5 verses then he reads 5.  I start on even chapters, he starts on odd. Lately we've started playing words with friends together.  Do whatever you need to do to feel like you're married and a part of each other's lives.  By the time I PCS we'll be married for 17 months, yet I we are still extremely close and strong.  The best of luck!