May 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

qod 11-25

Do you have a family member that really annoys you?
"Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly"

Re: qod 11-25

• My nightmare mother in law.  I've griped about her enough that I'm sure you ladies are well aware of her shenanigans. 

The latest- she insisted that she buy the turkey for Thursday.  She sent it home with H last night when he went up there for dinner.  We are having 10 people.  She bought a 6lb turkey.  She knew how many people were going to be there.  Neither her nor any of H's family members will eat anything but turkey breast, so how she came up with that math is beyond me.  Now I have to go buy either another turkey or a turkey breast so there is enough to feed everyone. 

Anniversary PersonalMilestone 

• My cousin! She is the definition of black sheep of the family.

Short verison 2 kids living with their grandmother who lives with my grandparents in a 3 bedroom 1 bath house. No one works they are living off their retirement. My cousin is in and out seeing the kids like once a week. She has been arrested several times has wrecked several cars (some of which weren't hers) and has no college degree. My grandparents have kicked her out so many times. She stole from them while my grandmother was in the hospital and pawned a bunch of her jewelry. She is such an AW for no reason and no one likes her. Goes from boyfriend to boyfriend and has only been in 1 serious relationship. I'm not the only one who dislikes her either.
  • I have an Uncle, actually my Dad's identical twin, who's a bit of a know it all, which can get pretty annoying.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

imageimage

• My brother. I love him but he's so frustrating to be around when we don't see eye to eye on anything and he consistantly makes bad decisions thens wants me or my mom to bail him out. He also has a very crass sence of humor and I find it more offensive then funny most of the time.
  • I really thought about this and I really don't. I mean of course they all annoy me at certain times but not to the point I dont want to see them.
    "Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly"
    lnvane00
  • kushie77 said:

My nightmare mother in law.  I've griped about her enough that I'm sure you ladies are well aware of her shenanigans. 

The latest- she insisted that she buy the turkey for Thursday.  She sent it home with H last night when he went up there for dinner.  We are having 10 people.  She bought a 6lb turkey.  She knew how many people were going to be there.  Neither her nor any of H's family members will eat anything but turkey breast, so how she came up with that math is beyond me.  Now I have to go buy either another turkey or a turkey breast so there is enough to feed everyone. 

Seriously? I buy bigger chickens for just H & I!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

imageimage

• My BIL, he's married to my sister. Nobody in my family is really thrilled with him… 

-He acts like he knows everything and when you say something he thinks is wrong he will basically jump to the moon to prove you are wrong and he is right. He does this ALL THE TIME!
    -You ask him a one world question, you spend the next 10 mins wondering what you asked because he is STILL TALKING
    -He yells at my nephew instead of talking to him (I understand yelling happens, but it's his first step)  who is 5 and has done this since he was a young toddler, all the times he ends up crying because he doesn't know why his dad is yelling at him. He clearly doesn't know ANYthing about child development.
    -He went to boot camp to be a marine but was let go due to "his asthma" or so he says… the issue is he has a Marine tattoo, acts like he was in the marines, and THINKS HE IS A VETERAN! The family dinner we had before Veteran's Day, H and I were saying we had the day off of work and how some business don't take the day off. Well he says to me and H "you're welcome." I am pretty sure I almost bit my tongue off. HE DID NOT MAKE IT OUT OF BASIC TRAINING!!!!!

I am so glad I only see him once a week at my family night dinner because otherwise I would go crazy!!!!!!!
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    lnvane00court115
  • My H's uncle. He's bipolar and extremely difficult to be around. He throws $10,000 parties every other month and then won't talk to anybody for a certain period of time. He's manageable when he's on meds, but it's obvious when he's not. He doesn't go to family functions anymore (it's for the best) because somehow he becomes the center of attention, and not in a good way. I wonder if someone talked to him... He didn't show up to our wedding. 
    photo enhanced-buzz-23740-1333550931-30_zpsdc46930f.jpg

Anniversary
  • I really thought about this and I really don't. I mean of course they all annoy me at certain times but not to the point I dont want to see them.
    I'm here too. There's no one that I really can't stand.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My mom's sisters. One is a drunk, AW who is rude to everyone and the other is a druggie, alcoholic thief who steals from my grandparents so she doesn't have to grow up. The first questioned when the baby was due when H and I got engaged. Jerks.