May 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

GTKY: Growing Up

Where did you grow up? Do you still live there? If not how far away do you live from there?

Re: GTKY: Growing Up

• I grew up in Dunmore PA.  I don't live there anymore, I live 2 towns over now in the house that H grew up in.  It's a nice enough town, I just always swore I'd move out of NE PA, and yet here I am. 
    Anniversary PersonalMilestone 

• I am in the town that I  grew up in for the most part. We live in an area that all the towns are super close. 
    "Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly"
  • I still live in the same town I grew up in. In fact I live about 10 minutes from the house I grew up in. Which my parents still live in.
    Melissa51212
  • Let's see... I was born in Calgary, AB, where I live until just after my fourth birthday, the we moved to Medicine Hat, Ab, where I lived until I was almost 12, then we moved to Regina, Sk, where I lived for 11'ish years. Then I moved to Swift current, sk when Moved in with hubby. My mom is back in Medicine Hat.
    View Full Size Image
  • I was raised in the Air Force so I grew up in half of the US LOL I do not have a hometown and its weird to explain that to people. And I have over 400 Facebook friends and know every single one of them personally. Being raised in the military is so different then being raised as a civilian. Well at least my experience was.

Baby Foster Due March 12, 2014 It's a BOY!

BabyFetus Ticker image

Engaged 12-12-10 Married 5-12-12 Baby 3-12-14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Call Me Mrs.Foster Blog

adventureisoutthere
  • I grew up in a small town in WI. I do not still live there. I live aprox. 3000miles from where I grew up now my H & I live in FL for now. H still really wants to move to CO eventually.
    imageimage

• I grew up in RI and now live in Western MA, 2 1/2 hours-ish away.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

imageimage

• I grew up in Cleveland, Ohio and now I live in Willoughby Hills, Ohio... it is about 20/25 minutes away from my mom. The house we are buying is about 30 minutes from my mom.
  • This is just like when people ask me "where are you from"....well do you want the long version or the short version. The short version....BC - I have always maintained my residency in BC even when I didn't live here....

The long version...I was born in central BC, I spent most of my childhood in the vancouver area (Surrey), then between 13 and 21, I lived in WA state, So-Cal, Mexico, Alberta, central BC. 

Moved back to Vancouver area when I was 22 (Coquitlam) and went back and forth between Coquitlam and Peru twice...thought I'd end up in Peru long term...but then didn't...now I live about a half hour further out from Vancouver (Maple Ridge) and bought a house, so will be here for a while...About a hour drive to Vancouver, and 30 minute drive to Surrey where I lived when I was little. 
  • I live a few towns away from where I grew up but still in the same general area. We're moving about 45 minutes south of where we are right now next week.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Short story: I was born and raised in one town-  we moved when I was 8, but stayed in the same town.  That house is approximately 5 miles from where we live now, and we're in a different town (actually a 'city'). We're moving about 20 minutes away when the new house is ready.

Long story: I went to college in VA (600 miles away) and after graduation spent 4 years in St. Louis (a little over a thousand miles away). I moved back in with my folks after moving back, and then had an apartment about a half hour away, until I met H, and moved in with him, here. Total coincidence that he lives so stinking close to my folks (now old) house.

So while it looks like I've spent my life in CT.. it's all a lie ;)

Anniversary

After 2 years of TTC, lots of tests, and a Hysteroscopy/Laparoscopy to remove several polyps,
    Clomid/IUI #1 3/14: cancelled due to surprise BFP 3/8/14.
    Beta 1 3/11: 398  Beta 2 3/13: 728  Beta 3 3/20: 11,482 
    Surprise BFP turns into Surprise Twins! 

Zoey and Garrett born 10/24/14 at 36+3

• mancila60 said:
    I still live in the same town I grew up in. In fact I live about 10 minutes from the house I grew up in. Which my parents still live in.
    This is exactly my story too!
    Photobucket