Atlanta Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Snakes - how often do you see them near your home? Areas to avoid if we move there?

Hoping you all can shed some light on snakes, spiders, poisonous ones, what areas/towns to avoid, what about alligators?!  We're from the Midwest, considering a possible move to Atlanta area.  Any info you might have on the topic would be greatly appreciated.  I just want to be educated as much as I can before we make a move.  Do I really need to worry about these things crawling on us at night?  Entering our home?  Our yard?   I'm trying to not freak out.  Thanks so much, everyone! :)

Re: Snakes - how often do you see them near your home? Areas to avoid if we move there?

• Depending on where you move to in Atlanta will make a difference. I live in Roswell by the Chattahoochee and in the 5 years I have lived in this area, I have had two snakes (that I am aware of) within 15 feet of my home. I don't think we have alligators here...maybe south Georgia. Do a google search with your specific questions and hopefully you will find the answers you are looking for. GL!
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?