West Coast Florida Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Hi Gals.. New here & just wanted to say HI and HELP

I'm an overwhelmed bride. We have been talking about getting married for months and 2 wks ago, we got serious and picked a date. Sept 5th :) YAY

Dilemna, where to get married? We live in Bradenton, west-most side near the beach. We want to keep our wedding religious but feel our church is just too large. However, any small church with a cute chapel will only allow you to use their facility if you use their pastor. blah.

So, if we decide to stick with our Pastor and take the ceremony to a non-church venue... does anyone have any recommendations? The wedding is super small. 15 guests. We're both single parents and its most important to us to have our families there. No need for all our friends. Plus, if you invite one, you invite all and that would get out of control $$.

Our plan is to have a small wedding, great honeymoon then come back and throw a BBQ in our backyard after to celebrate with our friends. Anyway, I've gotten WAY off track. Where does anyone recommend having the ceremony for a small group on a small budget? Location: Bradenton, Anna Maria, or Sarasota

Re: Hi Gals.. New here & just wanted to say HI and HELP

• I don't remember how much it is or if you can use your own Pastor or not but have you lookied into weddings on the water? Is a boat chapel. If you google it they might have prices on the website.

I love my crazy child!

My Bio

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker college mom
  • Welcome to the board. You may want to post this on the knot though. That board is for those planning their wedding and it gets more traffic flow.
  • Maybe try the Sandbar? They have a nice venue on the beach and could work for smaller amounts of guests! But, I agree, post this on theknot. We are over there too, but it gets so much more wedding planning traffic.  GL!
  • and GL means good luck!  Lol, i lookedat if afterwards and was afraid u thought it would mean get lost!