West Coast Florida Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

How's it going?

How's everyone's week looking? I work today through Wed and then have a 4 day weekend, thank God!!

I'm happy because I spent this past weekend doing laundry, cleaning, and organzing the whole house, and I'm all finished. So during my upcoming long weekend, I can just relax and do errands. I also want to see the Benjamin Button movie. Has anyone seen it? I plan to go by myself, as H works all the time, doesn't want to see it, and I actually like going to the movies alone :)

For New Years eve, we're going to the house of our friends' parents. They live really nearby, so it'll be great to get free food and drinks.

So that's what's up with me, sorry for the mini journal entry :P What's everyone else up to?

Re: How's it going?

• ugh i am just sitting here dreading the week ahead!!! I seriously am burnt out, and really need to look at the calendar to see when a good time to take a day off from work is!  I was off Christmas day, but worked the day after. I got stuck here til 6 pm (i am normally off at 430) and it was just CRAZY all day. Now, I am here ALL week as well, and will be covering other social worker's units thurs and fri because we are on a skeleton staff those two days. I am slated to work both. H was off wed-fri and is off today as well, and then will have a four day weekend this coming weekend, so I am just so tired thinking of my week ahead!  Pray for me lol!
  • image amazingkel:
    ugh i am just sitting here dreading the week ahead!!! I seriously am burnt out, and really need to look at the calendar to see when a good time to take a day off from work is!  I was off Christmas day, but worked the day after. I got stuck here til 6 pm (i am normally off at 430) and it was just CRAZY all day. Now, I am here ALL week as well, and will be covering other social worker's units thurs and fri because we are on a skeleton staff those two days. I am slated to work both. H was off wed-fri and is off today as well, and then will have a four day weekend this coming weekend, so I am just so tired thinking of my week ahead!  Pray for me lol!

Sorry. I sound like such a debbie downer!

• kel, you have a right to be a debbie downer, that sucks! I wish you could have some days off! I will definitely pray for you, haha.
  • I get off at noon on Wed and I'm off Thursday but have to work Friday but I might get off early. Our friend's birthday is the 31st and they always have a huge new years party with like 100 people. Really, 100 people at their house! I'm excited about going b/c this will be the 2nd time I get to drink since having Aiden. It should be fun! OHH!!! And I get my hair cut this week! I'm been itching to cut it for awhile now and I'm finally doing it!

I love my crazy child!

My Bio

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker college mom
  • ::grumble::  I'm not looking forward to this week.  I work M-W and F.  Boo.  I'm seriously considering calling in sick on Friday though.

Tonight will be nice though, since I'm going out w/my GF to the mall and dinner.  Woot!

image image
  • This week is going to be weird. ?I have today off thankfully, but I work every other day but New Years. ?DH and I have been barely speaking to each other and I'm pretty sure I've a little b*tchy with him lately. ?My hormones are all over the place and I won't be able to drink on New Years b/c we're TTC and I'm on the second half of the cycle- the wait-and-see half. ?

I'm sorry you're going to be stuck at work all week, Kel. ?You don't have to be ashamed of being grumpy here- everyone has that right from time-to-time (says the woman who has been very grumpy lately!). ?

Lauren, DH and I went to see Benjamin Button on Friday and we both liked it. ?It's pretty much what I expected from it, and it was nearly 3 hours long, but I'd definitely rank it in the top 20 of movies I've ever seen. ?I'd recommend it. ?I like going to movies alone too. ?With a DD and a DH, sometimes even having a few hours to my own thoughts can be a blessing!?

• okay, pretty busy here at work im hoping to get friday off but it will not be easy..If i do work it will only be a few hours but still.

UGH and Im so annoyed at my eye doctor Im sick of seeing him once a week im done today! it's getting ridiculous!!! (okay vent over)

• I would be so terrified to have 100 people at my house!

Tampabride- what's going on with the eye doctor?

I'm glad Benjamin Buttons was good. I can tell it's one of those movies that I would probably get into.

I don't see movies in the theater too often anymore, and when I do, I usually go alone. H and I don't much have the same taste in movies, and he hates being in crowded theaters. And I don't like to bother inviting a friend to the movies with me, unless I'm positive she would enjoy it too. Otherwise, I feel bad dragging someone with me when they end up not liking it. So going alone works great for me. I really think more women should try it, instead of dragging their Hs to chick flicks. I don't ever do that to H and he's very grateful. Of course there's nothing wrong with your H indulging you once in a while, but I know some girls who make their SOs take them to the silliest movies each month, and the guys just get annoyed and then complain about it to their guy friends, and make their gfs/Ws come across as the typical "chick flicky" girl.. I always wonder why the guys don't just say "no" once in a while... vent over!

• okay crazy long story!!!

my right eye once in a while just goes crazy! it gets really red and irrittated usually happens when im out, or at work etc.. it's been happening for YEARS about once a week.

So ive been going to eye doctors consttanly swtiching because I don't feel anyone's actually elping me with the problem so I finally found an md eye doctor about 2 weeks ago I explained my situation and due to whatever is happening to my eye I don't have tears anymore Im thinking a blocked tear duct, so he dyes my eye like an orange yellow to see if there's an infection and yes he freaks out, theres a lot of bacteria and scar tissue (due to my other doctors just continually prescribing me contacts) my eye is rejecting the contact and it's blocking the oxygen from my eye (i.e. the no tears)he can't get it 20/20 he can only get 20/40 he says it'a medical emergency.He even has students come in and I hear him whisper you'll never see another case like this (wtf) in all fairness he was very nice and very concerned and im glad he actually found what's wrong im on antibiotics every 2 hours(eye drops) and im not allowed to wear contacts for a month( which is torture if you know me I HATE wearing glasses)

Now im just being a brat about the glasses I just want to be healed so ill do everything that needs to be done, but I have had to see him once a week and im done with the drops and I have my new glasses so I think once a week is a little excessive but Ill wait to see what he says tonight.

Thanks for listening!

• Tampa- eek what a mess! I totally understand what you mean about hating wearing glasses. I wore them full time until I was 18 and hated them so much, so you could never even pay me to go back to them! I would hate not being able to wear my contacts.

And I've had the same thing happen where I was at a doctor and he told med students to come look at something "you've never seen before!!". I have an unusual heart defect, and I was being examined at Shands in Gainesville. The cardiologist had the med students come in and take notes. They even said something about showing my case at an upcoming conference. It was weird and oddly flattering!

I hope everything works out soon!

• I have to work M-W (til 12) then we are all off to Atlanta for the weekend to see DH's family for the holiday.

I am very bummed. There is no snow up there and I really wanted to see it. My kids have never seen it and I wanted to take them. It is actually causing a little tension between DH and I. We could see it if we drove north but his step-dad wants to go golfing and then for us to be gone for one entire day will upset his mom. So doesnt look like we will see snow at all.

• I'm sick, on my day off.  might not make it back to work tomorrow, which is really bad timing since I don't have any sick days until the new year, go figure.

Nice thing is I wouldn't have to go back to work till Saturday