Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email h[email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Christmas brunch - what's missing

Okay, we've thrown together a last-minute open house/brunch since my we'll be staying at home this year for Christmas.  We decided that we wouldn't be going anywhere once we had children, and it's our eight-month old's first Christmas!

We've only invited a handful of people, and grandparents live out of state, so it's 50/50 as to whether they'll be able to make it or not (depends on weather and schedules).  So, we definitely don't want to go to any major trouble, only to have my husband and I eating by ourselves all day.

With that in mind, what are your thoughts?

Breakfast casserole in muffin tins

Hashbrown casserole

fruit salad

baked ham with rolls and mustard sauce

cheeseball and crackers

oreo truffles

MAYBE some veggies and dip

MAYBE some muffins or mini eclairs

Re: Christmas brunch - what's missing

• What time is the open house? If it's not till 11ish I'd ditch the cassaroles, stick with the ham, add the veggie tray, and maybe some yams, and another nibble, maybe a hot one. And another sweet besides the truffles, maybe an apple, pecan, or sweet potato pie?

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • Your brunch is very similar to mine. I'm having:

Honeybaked ham with mini croissants, cheese, and condiments

Mini quiche with cheese and spinach

Fruit salad

Danishes and pecan rolls

Potato/hashbrown dish TDB

Mimosas

I would say nothing is missing. I would definitely have the muffins, but maybe not mini eclairs, especially with the oreo truffles. I would skip the veggies and dip.

[IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/nweg7b.jpg[/IMG]
  • I agree with chardonnay.  My favorite part of brunch is the breakfast food, so I'd make sure you have the muffins, otherwise the menu looks great.
  • I'm also a big breakfast fan.  Personally, I'd add in the muffins or even better yet, cinamon rolls. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • definitely do the veggies and dip or a salad. I always go for veggie stuff so I would be sad without it. It wil round out the meal well too.
  • bagels

rolls

coldcuts

danishes

we're also adding baked french toast, an omlette station, a waffle iron, bacon, sausage, and maybe a turkey breast carving station.

• I would not do oreo truffles and would do some muffins