Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Soup shooters

I want to do some pumpkin soup shooters for Christmas eve, but I can't figure out the logistics.  It's a self serve table so I was thinking a crock pot for the soup, but I can't figure out the glasses.  Maybe small plastic cups?  But then I think I might need spoons, and would plastic with hot soup be bad? 

Any thoughts?

Re: Soup shooters

• I wouldn't do plastic.  Small glasses (think plain shot glasses or cordial glasses) may work out well.

Check out this link:

http://qurl.com/vbn4f

• I should have mentioned there will be 50+ at the party.  I'd hate to buy glass for that many.
  • Hmm, you'll need something insulated, so I wouldn't do plastic unless it's thick and sturdy.

Since Xmas eve is right around the corner, I might just suggest small bowls with spoons.

Here's another idea ( I don't realy know if this idea if this would work, so please don't be afraid to tell me if this idea is dumb). You know how you can serve soups/stews/chili's in big bread bowls?  Can you find smaller rolls of a similar consistency and serve the soup in that?

• The bread bowl would be cute if there were fewer people.  That sounds daunting for 50 people.
  • Well I was thinking you might be able to pick up some prepackaged rolls at Costco, I think they are pretty inexpensive, but it would take up a ton of space.
  • my sil did this for us at our engagement party. it was fun. she got glasses cheap from ikea.

• I would check a restaurant or bar supply store. I use them occasionally for my events and they can possibly provide you warehouse price.
  • demitasse cups or shot glasses
  • I'd check with a catering company to see if you could rent something suitable.  I'd hate to buy something for 50 guests and then have to find something to do with it afterward!
  • what about a heavier paper cup like you could use for coffee? anything that could work for coffee would work for soup, too..... i love the idea and hope you are able to find something that would work!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image my first baby
  • I second the paper cups for coffee. Starbucks frequently has small paper cups for samples. Something like that would work great.
  • Thanks I'll.  I found some small paper coffee cups.  We'll see how it works.  I bought spoons just in case though.