Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Taco/nachos bar

We are having a taco and nachos bar for my sons birthday party and I am trying to figure out what toppings I am forgetting.  I have the basics...meat, lettuce, salsa, sour cream, cheese (shredded and the liquid form) .  Is there anything else that I need for either one?  I like my tacos and nachos without very much on them, so I feel like I am just not sure about this!!  Thanks!! 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Taco/nachos bar

• Beans, black olives, cilantro guacamole, jalapenos?
  • maybe some taco sauce

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • tortilla chips shredded rotisserie chicken chili [bought or homemade] refried bean dip shredded Monterey jack cheese sliced roasted peppers sliced olives salsa [bought or homemade] sliced pickled jalapenos shredded lettuce chopped scallions sour cream
  • All of the above.  I'd seriously consider beans and rice too.  People can eat it as a side or in their tacos.  It's cheap and will stretch things.
  • I'm fascinated by the idea of liquid cheese. What is that?

• Thanks for the great ideas ladies.  LOL at liquid cheese...I didn't know what else to call it!  It's what you get on the nachos at Taco Bell or Del Taco.  You can get it in a can and it's called Que Bueno (at least that's the kind I get) and just heat it up in a crock pot to make a huge serving for nachos.  It's not the tastiest thing, but it's a kid (and DH) crowd pleaser.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We did the same thing for DD's birthday last year, only we did nachos only. In addition to what you're having we had refried beans, olives, chopped green onions, and chopped tomatoes- and chips of course! :)