Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Surprise 30th Birthday Party

I'm helping to throw a surprise 30th birthday party for a friend.  There are going to be about 75 people at the party, and we are getting a band.  She is going to just be really happy to see all her friends and family, but I really  want to do something else, something special for her that night.  Has anyone seen anything cool at other parties, or done anything themselves??  I appreciate all your help!  Thanks!

Re: Surprise 30th Birthday Party

• You could do a "This is Your Life" type tribute. Pick 4 or 5 friends or family to tell a 3-5 minute story about her and ask for pictures or video to go along with it and show it on a screen or large tv while they are telling their story. It really works best if the people you choose put together what they will say in advance and write out so that its got a beginning, middle and end and they don't go off on a tangent.

Its also cute if you have a song from each era that the person will be speaking about.
    Someone that tells a story about her childhood: Cyndi Lauper/Duran Duran.
    Jr. High Years: Paula Abdul/Boys 2 Men
    High School:TLC/Mariah Carey
    You get the idea...

Something I think is nice is to put together some photos of her over the years in a shutterfly book and have people sign the book at the party.  

• Is she a huge cake person??  Find out her favorite cake and have it ordered. 

Does she like pictures?? Be the photographer for the evening (and/or gather photos from others, although maybe not as reliable).  You could send them to her on a photo sharing website or make a scrapbook for her.  This way she would have the memories to share with those who were not able to attend AND have it for the future. 

You could make a slide show, set it to music and show it at the party. 

Does she like flowers?  You could give her a corsage to wear for the night.

That's all I have right now - I'll keep thinking!  

BabyFruit Ticker