Colorado Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

twilight movie -- i'm sure this has been discussed...

but i'm behind on the times!  not to say i won't take rachel up on her offer to see it again Wink but i'm kind of disappointed.  anyone else?
mary ~ wife est. 06.18.05, mama est. 07.30.10 Lilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage

Re: twilight movie -- i'm sure this has been discussed...

• I was?disappointed, too. I think they should have built up the relationship between Edward and Bella more thoroughly. Ultimately, it's their relationship that makes the story. I feel that the producer focused more on the action packed parts, rather than the meat of the love story.

I'll still probably see it again, though.?

• I definitely was hoping for better, but it was decent.  I thought the casting was spot-on, but the screenplay and editing could have been better.  Wasn't keen on the constant closeups either (no, not even the ones of Robert Pattison).
    Waiting for some innocuous creativity... I'll let you know.
  • I'm happy with it. I knew it wasn't going to be perfect. I think they did a good job with what they had to work with.
    Robin
    <><
    Tizzle 10/07 ~ Boppy 7/09 ~ Chicken 1/12

Robin (jason&robin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)

2014 Reading Goal: 85

• i understand it's probably said every time a book is turned into a movie -- but the book is better.  there just wasn't even development for parts to even really make sense if you didn't read the book!  i know a 3 or 3.5 hrs movie is a stretch for people -- but i could have sat through it!!!
    mary ~ wife est. 06.18.05, mama est. 07.30.10 Lilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage
  • image Lady Disdain:
    Wasn't keen on the constant closeups either (no, not even the ones of Robert Pattison).

blasphemy! lol

Robin
    <><

Robin (jason&robin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)

• dear robin -- please don't misconstrue -- i thought it was good -- i just wanted more!!!  but i think there's a tv show -- am i right?  perhaps i should content myself!  maybe the next movie will be longer since this one has been pretty successful!
  • image jason&robin:

image Lady Disdain:
    Wasn't keen on the constant closeups either (no, not even the ones of Robert Pattison).

blasphemy! lol

Yeah, I know, I know.  ;)  And can I just say - I LOVE Rob in the movie, but find him way less attractive when he's not in Edward-character.  He's about the only reason I want to see it again. 

Waiting for some innocuous creativity... I'll let you know.
  • image Lady Disdain:
    image jason&robin:

image Lady Disdain:

blasphemy! lol

Yeah, I know, I know.  ;)  And can I just say - I LOVE Rob in the movie, but find him way less attractive when he's not in Edward-character.  He's about the only reason I want to see it again. 

with me?!!!  Big Smile

• image btrflypoet:
    dear robin -- please don't misconstrue -- i thought it was good -- i just wanted more!!!  but i think there's a tv show -- am i right?  perhaps i should content myself!  maybe the next movie will be longer since this one has been pretty successful!

I'm not! I completely understand. I wish it had been 3 hours too. Even 30 more minutes would have been better. There were definitly some developmental issues. I would still go see it every day if I could! hehe

Robin
    <><

• image jason&robin:

image btrflypoet:
    dear robin -- please don't misconstrue -- i thought it was good -- i just wanted more!!!  but i think there's a tv show -- am i right?  perhaps i should content myself!  maybe the next movie will be longer since this one has been pretty successful!

I'm not! I completely understand. I wish it had been 3 hours too. Even 30 more minutes would have been better. There were definitly some developmental issues. I would still go see it every day if I could! hehe

oh good!  i'd hate to upset you!!!  

ps -- it's so weird for me to think of an edward as sexy -- it's my brother's name!!!!  he's always gone by ted but still!!!  and i know i'm from WV and all -- but CREEPY!

• I was disappointed. Their relationship made a lot less sense than it did in book, I thought, because it was developed so quickly and you really don't "feel" the intensity of it the way you did in the book.

I thought the makeup for RP and Carlisle was AWFUL. There's a difference between pale and pasty, and they ended up looking pasty. Everyone else looked pretty good -- except for Jasper's hair. :P?

And KS's tons-of-blinking got to me in a few scenes. But I really liked the casting overall and the atmosphere of the movie; loved the bad vamps, the Cullens and the supporting characters.?

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • image btrflypoet:
    image jason&robin:

image btrflypoet:

oh good!  i'd hate to upset you!!!  

ps -- it's so weird for me to think of an edward as sexy -- it's my brother's name!!!!  he's always gone by ted but still!!!  and i know i'm from WV and all -- but CREEPY!

I could never get upset at you...especially for something so silly. You are my sista from the EAST SIDE!

Robin
    <><

• Am I the only one that thinks Rob looks like a paddle lollipop who is in dire need of a hair washing and cut?  I mean, he's cute, but he's disproportioned between his head and his body and their attempts to balance that with his hair was a miss.  He just isn't all that and a bag of greasy chips for me.  (Sorry Robin.)
  • My whole take on the movie was that I loved the characters in the book enough to forgive the movie....to forgive it for the sparkling, the freaky fast-tree-climbing scenes, Kristen's constant lip biting and "I'm going to jump you" looks, RPatz's facial expressions while seeing her/saving her, and the sound editing, which is reminiscent of the Ladies Man.  ;)

I read that the movie studio doesn't want to increase the budget for New Moon too much and were happy with their Twilight finished product.  If this is truly the case, I don't think I'll be as patient and kind the second time around. 

• I understand the many (many... many) flaws of the movie but loved it anyway!  The score was bad (though I love the soundtrack songs), some of the acting needed work, the effects of course need a lot of work but I know they didn't have the budget for it.  The hissing was super cheezy.  But I loved it anyway :)

• I went into it expecting to be disappointed.

No movie from a book I've read has ever made me happy.

With that in mind it wasn't that bad.

If someone hadn't read the book I think it would have sucked.

They didn't develop the relationship as much as they could have.  An extra 15 minutes wouldn't have killed the run time but could have gone a long way in making Bella not look like a stupid fool hearty teen goof stupidly in love with a bad boy for the sport of it.

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • all I can say is that Tessa's pants from the Gap sparkled more than Edward did in the sun....

People in the theatre I was in were laughing, it was hard not to join in...some people got up and left about half way thru.

Not that any of this is going to stop me from renting the movie when it comes out- I'll just be drinking a lot of wine...