Dallas-Fort Worth Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Teacher certification

Hi everyone! ?I'm moving to the DFW area from Chicago in a couple of months, and I have a random question. ?It's a long shot, but does anyone know if speech therapists need a teaching certificate to work in the school system in Texas? ?We need to in Illinois, but I can't find that information about Texas schools online anywhere. ?TIA!

Re: Teacher certification

• Hhhmmm, good question.  I really don't know!  If you're already certified in another state, most districts will hire you on a provisional basis until you pass the Texas cert. exam.  Sorry I couldn't be of more help!
    Todd & Kristin, 3.10.07

After 5.5 years of loss, heartbreak, and empty arms, our dreams were fulfilled through the beautiful, selfless gift of adoption. We are amazingly blessed!

Blog About Us | Blog About RPL/IF/Adoption

image image

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think you just have to pass the state licensure exam for SLP, but not any teacher certification tests.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker