Dallas-Fort Worth Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Hi and Help! What is typical Dallas weather in early January?

Is it warm enough to swim outside?   I have only been there in July...so I am not sure if I should be shopping for a baby bathing suit or not.

Thanks!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Hi and Help! What is typical Dallas weather in early January?

• Nooo it's definitely not warm enough to swim outside. January is winter... even in Texas. lol
  • BOOO!   I was afraid you were going to say that.  So, no shorts either huh?

crud.  I got her some really cute sun dresses in anticipation of fun and sun. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Nope, sorry! No shorts or sundresses. It'll probably be in the 50s or so. January & February are usually our coldest months. Smile
  • We've had some warmer days in October & November, but once December rolls around it's usually pretty cold all day and night. Coats & such are usually needed every night. We had snow/ice last February if that tells ya anything!
  • www.weather.com says December is average 35-55,

with record low of -1 and record high of 88.

I couldn't find January, but generally, it's colder.  Occasionally a few days might be warm, but it is so unpredictable.

• Agree w/pp.  I would say on the warmest days you might not need a coat if you are wearing a sweater/sweatshirt or long sleeve shirt if you get hot easily.  I don't know what kind of weather you are coming from but it's definately cold.  Sorry to spoil the warm weather plans but I guess it's good you asked.  I hope you still enjoy your trip.  :) 
  • lol... since we moved to KC I think Dallas winters are warm!  January and February here are like 14 degrees...

TTC since August 2008 4 cycles Femara = BFN Dx PCOS February 2010, 1000 mg Metformin XR IUI #1: Dexamethasone + Femara + Ovidrel + Progesterone = BFN IUI #2: Dexamethasone + Femara + Ovidrel + Progesterone = BFP! Our son arrived January 17, 2011!